Since my Grandma Jackman passed away last year, my Dad and his siblings have been going through her house getting it ready to sell. Before putting it on the market they decided to get everyone together for a family reunion - Great Idea! It's like they compressed all my fond childhood memories from the Jackman side into a 3 day extravaganza. I loved that my kids got to experience them as well.
There was the ever popular Candy Bar Game (Roll a 7, 11, or doubles. Hurry, before the timer runs out!!!) . . .
. . . An epic game of steal the sticks . . .
and a shuffle board tournament.
I love that my girls also got to make friends with my cousins kids (aka their 2nd cousins). They also had a "store" that the kids could all pick out toys from Grandma and Grandpa Jackman. My girls also discovered the awesome playhouse that my Grandpa built.
![]() |
| Lise smelling the essential oils that permeate Grandma's house and all the bday/christmas presents she used to send. |
![]() |
| Lise can't get over the "pink bathroom" that even has a pink toilet with a 1/2 wall for privacy. |
![]() |
| Lise made friends with some 5 year old twins (also her 2nd cousins) who she had a great time hanging out with. |
![]() |
| Discovering all the different ways you can swing on a swing . . . she even got Kate in on the action |
The thing is, I remember being pushed on that swing by my Grandpa when I was their age!!
I told my kids about how me and my cousins used to sneak up and down the laundry chute in my Grandma's house when we were little . . . so of course they had to re-enact it and try it out for themselves. I actually absolutely love that they got to have that experience and memory as well. What a great first day!!!
Day 2 was spent up at Snowbird. My girls were a little more familiar with this, as we've gone there as a family over the years. What they weren't anticipating was the "Elves and Fairies" walk through the woods. Yay for more candy.
The girls were also excited for some of their own cousins to show up and join the fun.
Some people were swimming and what not, but it was kinda cold so we hit the Snowbird Center and some fun activities like bungee trampoline jumping and the mountain coaster. Whee!
Of course we had to finish off the day with ice cream . . . right before dinner.
Ready for day 3? Let's do this!
How could I have forgotten about the random hat and instrument parade we always did on my Grandpa's birthday? Totally love it!
![]() |
| This is my best cousin, Jenny. So, so many awesome childhood memories there. I think we had as much fun at this reunion as the kids - maybe more. |
You can never underestimate the power of shared experience. It's like I just showed up at my Grandma's house and all these awesome/funny/crazy childhood memories came flooding back. I loved being able to relive a few of them and the opportunity to share them with my kids. I also loved catching up with my aunts/uncles/cousins that I haven't seen in years and hearing about what was going on with their families. It was such a good experience for me to be "All Together Again".





























No comments:
Post a Comment