Well, as a follow up on Hurricane Gustav, I’ve just got to say this . . . nothing happened. We didn’t even lose power! Chris and I find this very hilarious because we’ve lost power and water in this neighborhood a handful of times since moving here in January – and none of them were storm related. Oh well, we are very grateful that we didn’t get any damage because Gustav did hit the surrounding areas within our Stake Boundaries pretty hard (which doesn’t say much because our Stake covers part of Mississippi) and they’re still without power.
So, pretty much what happened is that I got away with a few days of eating on paper plates, the girls got to sleep with their flashlights and played flashlight tag, and there were a lot of fun rain puddles to jump in afterwards.
4 comments:
That is too funny. You guys always seem to live in places with severe weather and never seem to experience much of it. Maybe if you're in California there will be an earthquake or something. . . here's hopin'!
I am glad that nothing happen and that you and your family are safe. It sounds like you made the best of the whole thing. My kids would LOVE to eat on paper plates and sleep with flashlights but I don't think they would sleep much :). I so LOVED jumping in rain puddles when I was a younger, so like FUN!! Once again I am SO GLAD that you and your family are SAFE:) Thanks for the update:)
Wow, I don't look on your blog for one day & look at all the updates! Go Stacy! I'm glad that all is well after & during the storm.
I guess this isn't a bad thing...but I bet you'll get your chance while in Louisiana.
Post a Comment