So . . . I’m starting a blog. A few of my good friends have blogs and have been telling me that I need to get one. My one friend was getting on me to get started and I told her I couldn’t because Kate was getting tubes put in her ears on Friday and I had to get the house prepped for Hurricane Gustav. She told me (jokingly) that I was just full of excuses and I needed to get on it! Now, I’m not one to usually cave to peer pressure, but I do believe that there is such a thing as good peer pressure. So, since this is something that I want to do anyway and I’m going to use it as a double for my journal/family history, I am sitting here, starting my blog while waiting for the rain to start and for our power and water to go out during a hurricane. But, hey! This blog is Staceroo and her Zoo and I often feel that my life is in chaos, so starting up during a hurricane is very apropos, don’t ya think?
Oh, and a sidenote on the hurricane. My husband, Chris, and I are probably the only morbid ones who are a little excited for the hurricane to hit us so we can test out our emergency preparedness skills. We’re not far enough South to evacuate, just close enough to get a TON of rain and a LOT of wind with probably power and water outages. I’ve heard the worst thing is no A/C and the bugs. I’m more worried about keeping the kids entertained and keeping Kate out of the filled bathtubs and tubs of water we’ve got all over the house!! I’m sure it won’t be nearly as fun as we’re thinking, but we’ll let you know.
12 comments:
YES!!! You started your blog!!! I am beyond excited! It is sooo cute too! I LOVE the background! I didn't realize that you were havibg to get ready for the hurricane! That's insane. We'll keep you in our prayers, even if you are "excited" to test your emergency prep skills. :)
Yeah! I love it! I am glad that you started one. I like facebook too, but you can't write too much on facebook. I look forward to reading about your family. Welcome to the blogging world. Hope you survive the weather.
Hurray!! I love that you are blogging now.
This is really a great way to keep in touch with everyone. Can't wait to see more pics of your cute family! Hope everything turned out with the hurricane! Check out my blog, I've got links to some of the other cousins too. fishersquisher.blogspot.com
Stacy I am excited you are a blogger now.. we can keep tabs on your family. I hope your emergency skills don't take on too much of a test! Good Luck on that!
Hooray! Hooray! Of course, any peer pressure from me, is good pressure right? I must say it is so fitting that you're starting your blog while awaiting the arrival of a hurricane. Love it! And I love your background! Where ever did you find it? Yipee!
It'll be fun to see what you and your family are doing! I use my blog for family history...I used Blurb.com to publish a book from my blog for 2007, and I loved it so much that I am planning on doing it every year, kind of like a family yearbook of sorts. Uh-oh, gotta go, my baby is pulling all the DVD's down!
I can't believe it...you finally got a blog...I thought this day would never come! J/K. Geez, we would totally be in trouble if disaster striked our house. I can't wait to hear more about your zoo and chaos...I can totally relate! Oh, and, by the way, I got that guy to pay me for working (phew!) and I'm only subbing if the opportunity arises and I feel like it. We'll see how it goes!
Hey Stacy!! I too am so excited to see that you have started a blog! When you were talking about how excited ya'll are to use your emergency prep stuff for the hurricane, all I could think of was how you use to set up a tent in your backyard in Fayetteville and campout. You guys are so cute! We'll keep you in our prayers. Stay safe and dry. :)
Stacy,
Hey!! This is Darcie(Davis)Evans, I just got off the phone w/ Kimberly and she told me that you started a blog, what fun!!! I love blogging. I have found that it is a GREAT way to keep in touch. I hope that you don't mind if I keep tabs on your family.
I cannot believe that you are so clam about the Hurricane. It sound like you are prepared. Good Luck and our family will keep you in our prayers.
I would love to catch up w/ you. So you can visit my blog @ stevedarcieandkids.blogspot.com
or you can email me @ darcieevans@msn.com.
WELCOME to the blogging world!!
Darcie:)
I'm so excited to be able to keep in touch with you. I'm getting ready to start our own blog as well. I am also excited about the hurricane. Your family is so cute, the girls are really getting big.
Yeah, Stacy! It's so great to keep in touch with you this way. I cannot even express how much of a boost it is for me to stay connected with friends this way. I see Erin and Deon up there.....I need to find them, too.
Post a Comment