Kater-the-Schmater Bug!
The title this week is our fond nickname for the infamous Kate O'Gwin, who never ceases to amaze me with what she is willing to put into her mouth. This picture shows Kate's awesome hair that she has due to inheriting her father's two competing cowlicks on the top of her head! Anyway, back to her diet. . . I cannot leave anything in the shopping cart within her reach - she's gotten into the grapes, a thing of yogurt, and a package of marshmallows when I wasn't watching. She loves eating the acorns in the yard, has tried a dead bug or two she's found in the house, and I can't tell you the amount of Polly Pocket perafanelia (sp?) that I've found in her diapers (which I am NOT willing to salvage, by the way!) This week she ate the neighbors sidewalk chalk and she was trying to feed some grass to a puppy, but the puppy didn't want it so she ate it herself. Along those same lines . . . Chris went to give Kate a kiss and she burped into his face - gross! Kate has learned how to open the doors at our house this week and will therefore have access to the bathrooms - a very scary thought.
On a nicer note for Kate, she has her little buddy, Spencer, who comes to play every Wednesday when Natalie and I do our babysit swap to volunteer at the school. Kate comes on a little strong and Spencer's a little wary, but overall they have a lot of fun. It is hilarious to watch the two of them . They like to "keep an eye" on each other and there's a whole lot of food swapping during snack time.
Aly made a "bug collector" this week. She painted it to be "camouflaged" and then filled it with leaves and some water. So the bugs are supposed to want to come inside . . . so far no bugs.
This week Lise was helping me clean the bathrooms when she asked, "Mom, can I stir the toilet?" Apparently brushing the toilet bowl is as exciting as stirring some cookie dough for Lise. And hey! Why not? Especially when you get to wear the cool, yellow, rubber gloves!
As far as everything else going on this week . . . Chris had to work nights for a JRTC rotation and so I totally fell off the "Good Mom" bandwagon and let the kids stay up until 9 or 10 every night with movies, a trip to Wal-Mart, etc. It is not worth it!! Lise and Kate now have gunky noses, we've had separation meltdowns at pre-school, Aly had to sneak toast onto the bus (no food allowed!), and Kate was in rare form at church today. Maybe I'll play "Good Mom" this week. I did take the kids to the park for playgroup and to a neighbor's birthday party. Doesn't that count for something? :)
8 comments:
Yeah, I'm the first!! So- you already know this, but I absolutely LOVE Kate's hair!! I do hope it eventually grows out for when she's older (if not- she's going to HATE that), but for now... it's adorable! Also- Lise is hilarious too. Or, maybe it's just the way you tell the story that makes it so funny. Either way- so funny. Sorry the kids were kind of cranky though!! Well- that's my 2 cents on the post!! Oh- do you read the posts? Just want to make sure my posts aren't in vane!! Oh, by the way- Spence and I watched The Sandlot last night and I thought of you!! Love ya! Tell the girls (and I guess Chris too if you want. Ha- just kidding!!) hi for me!! I love ya!!
As a mom with sick kids this week.. any mom who has alive kids at the end of the day did great! J/K! Yes you are a great mom! It is allowed when dad is away to give a little! Say hi to everyone!
Kate cracks me up!! That is so funny how she will eat anything. All your girls are so beautiful...just like their mommy. I think that playgroup and a birthday party definitely count big time!! :) I love how you had to sneak toast onto the bus. :) LOL.
I hate when I fall off the "good Mommy" wagon. But I think time to time we have to, it's FUN being the FUN mommy. I am bad when Steve is working night, I let the kids pick what we have for dinner. McD's, Wendy or Breakfast is what we usually eat when STeve is on nights. Thanks for the post your girls are so DANG cute!!!
Love that Lise wanted to "stir" the toilet bowl & Aly's little Bug Catcher. Maybe you or Chris could secretly "plant" a bug in it one night, she would be sooo excited! And that Kate is a character! Your kids just have the funniest personalities!
Oh, it's great to get my weekly dose of O'Gwin humor and entertainment. Thanks for that! Yeah, maybe it's time to invest in those baby-proof door handle thingies to prevent some truly gross taste-testing??
Oh is that Kate hilarious!! She is quite the entertaining one. It's so fun that you and Natalie get to hang out!
Wow in her diaper! Polly pockets are usually a favorite in my house too Kimberly has not yet consumed anything like that. She is a busy body and loves to climb.Love th pictures.Girls are great aren't they. Love the post.
Post a Comment