Monday, September 8, 2008

THE QUOTE OF THE WEEK

In our house we have something called “The Quote of the Week.” (Of course, Kate can’t talk yet, so they aren’t always quotes, they’re more like funny things my kids do or say.) Sometimes Chris and I get quotes of the week also. I’d like to share just a few recent favorites:
Chris – Okay, explanation. Chris has an obsession with food and a mega sweet tooth. When we were first married I was like, “why do you care if we’re having leftover spaghetti night, you go out into the woods and live off bugs?!?” To which Chris quickly explained that it is BECAUSE he has to go out into the woods and live off bugs that when he has a choice as to what he eats, he wants it to be good. Chris has also been known to eat an entire pan of brownies/rice-krispie treats in one evening. As our children came along a competition has emerged as to who gets to eat the last cookie, brownie, etc. So, the other night at the dinner table, Chris laid down the law and informed us that “I weigh as much as the rest of the family put together. I am therefore entitled to half of the food in the house.” Chris weighs 205 lb. We’ll let you do the math on the rest of us . . .
This is a picture of Aly and Lise getting tied up in the boat when they were bored on Sunday at Lake Powell because they couldn’t swim। They absolutely loved trying to get untied.

Aly – "Mom, I can do a crazy trick! I can stare with my eyes, not swallow, and hold still at the same time!” (believe me, for Aly, holding still is a trick।)
– Aly decided to bring her ballet slippers to church one week to “keep her feet warm.”
– We were in a Bass Pro Shop and the girls were wondering why there was a live deer inside the store. We explained to them about hunting and stuffing an animal and that the deer wasn’t real. So then Aly started pointing around the store at all the animals saying, “Look! A stuffed duck. Somebody killed a duck. Look! A stuffed wolf. Somebody killed a wolf. Look! A stuffed girl. Somebody killed a girl!” WHAT?!? Aly had pointed to the mannequin and really thought it was a stuffed girl!!

– When Analise is finished with her meal, her new thing to say is, “I’m full of it.”
– During the hurricane Lise saw me hand washing dishes and asked me, “are you giving your hands a bubble bath?”

Kate – When Kate sees something she wants she starts squawking “aye, aye”, and sounds just like the seagulls on Finding Nemo “mine, mine।”Kate decided to punish me this morning for not coming to get her out of her crib PRONTO by stripping down naked and peeing all over her sheets। This is the second time she has taken off her diaper – the last one was poopy। I’m petrified that I see a trend starting here.


9 comments:

Jessica said...

Hey Stace! Your kids are HILARIOUS!! I know that it's easy for me to say that cause I'm not the one dealing with all the other crap that comes along with your kids being hilarious (like washing the sheets cause Kate took off her diaper), but come on stace- you got to admit that your kids are funny!! Also- I LOVED the picture of Lise helping you cook. That is so cute!!

Johnston Family said...

I love that story about Aly @ the sporting store, makes me laugh everytime I think about it! And that bottom picture of Kate is awesome!

Kimberly said...

I will never be able to look at a manequin the same way ever again! Seriously! That is so funny!

JennaK said...

3 cheers for Chris! Love that In-N-Out shirt!

Carrie said...

Scott was my stripper and still is. It takes forever to get his pants back on him once he uses the bathroom. I love that picture of Kate - she totally belongs in your family.

Staci said...

I love that you keep track of the funny things they say... very cute idea. Way cute girls!

erin sheely said...

That's fantastic!! A stuffed girl.

MANDY said...

Great blogging, Stacy! Keep it coming.

Johnston Family said...

Stacy, Random question, How do you make it show you which of your fellow bloggers have updated & when? I only can get it to do their names, but not when they've last updated. Am I making any sense? Love Ya!