Well, Chris is out of the boot . . . for now. The doctor said his ankle is healing up great and sent him to physical therapy. The physical therapist said that he still had way too much swelling and that he has two weeks to get the swelling down. So, he's able to put his foot down and walk . . . with crutches. But we are making progress. The crazy thing about it is that he went to the dentist the next day and found out he had two hairline fractures in his jaw!! Apparently he had also broken his jaw in the accident, but he was in so much pain/on so many pain killers for his ankle that he didn't even notice. Luckily his jaw healed up nicely so they don't need to rebreak it. Sheesh! That was a bigger accident than we thought!
I just want to tell my hubby how grateful I am for him. A couple of reasons I'm grateful for him today are because even though he started working nights and was awake for more than 30 hours, he still magnified his priesthood calling by making it to his bishopbric meetings and to sacrament meeting. AND he took Kate home with him so that they could both nap and I could teach my primary lesson kid free. I'm grateful that he took me on a date this week and that he took the time to make a decked out paper airplane with Aly, read stories to Kate, and listened to Lise talk about the latest Barbie movie even though he's had a ton of schoolwork to do and no time to do it in. I'm also grateful that he trusts my opinion enough to let me edit all of his school papers before he submits them. And I'm grateful that he laughs with me when I do silly things.
Now on to the kids . . . 
Kate is becoming very athletic. This week when I was exercising she saw me with the weights and was begging to play with them and so I gave her the little two pounders. She also LOVES hanging from Chris' exercise bar. Kate's other big thing is having books read to her. Anytime Chris or I sit down anywhere, she gets a book off her bookshelf and brings it to us to read. Her favorite book is called "What Do Babies Need?" Is she trying to give us a hint or something?
Aly was really into earning money this weekend and wanted to wash the cars. They look . . . okay (well, like a six year old did it.) The funny thing about it was that on the way home from church Aly was talking about how she hoped it didn't rain because she'd just washed the car! Another thing about Aly is her pants. When we moved to Louisiana I was hoping that her school uniform pants could last the two years we were here. But no. She wore them out to the bus stop this week and they looked really crazy. The people at the bus stop said that they looked "crocked" and, apparently, that's a style? Maybe my daughter's in style and I don't even realize it. But we still need to get new pants. And Aly's major accomplishment this week was that she learned to tie her shoes - after only two tries!! She is so proud of herself and I am too!!
Okay, so I just need to explain this picture of Lise. First of all, she's obsessed with horses and wants to be a horseback rider when she grows up (after she's done being a superhero). I took the picture before she had her winter gloves on because she thought that horseback riders wear gloves when they ride. Now, notice the shoe. She's obsessed with the "cinderella shoe" and has been wearing it for days even though she can't find the other one. (Maybe it's at the palace with prince charming?) The other thing is the ankle bracelet. She's been wearing that every day too - even on top of her socks on the days she wears socks. Lately she's also been very big into combing her hair with a wet comb. She'll be in the bathroom for like 20 minutes. And every time I tell her we're going somewhere she goes and puts on her "make-up" (i.e. chapstick). Man, this girl can accessorize!!
8 comments:
Your kids are so beautiful AND hilarious! :) I love it when girls accessorize! It is just so adorable. I'm so sorry to hear about Chris' injuries. I hope he heals quickly!!
How fun are you guys! I love to hear of the O'Gwins' goings-on.
Yikes that is crazy that Chris broke his jaw too. I am amazed he didn't even look tired at church.
That's awful that Chris had broken his jaw as well! I was so relived to read that it had healed nicely though. And as always, your kids kill me- so cute & so funny! I miss them! Just this morning Cam said to me "Mom, Lise needs to come in from the sky (ie, airplane) to Grandmas house so that I can play with her!" Oh, & I loved that you added a picture to your last post- so Stacy of you! :)
Stace, as always I Loved the post!! And again as always... your kids are too funny and cute!! Question though- what is "crocked"? What exactly happened to Aly's pants? I was confused (and so was mom)!!
Your kids always say and do the funniest/craziest things! I am constantly amazed with how cute, fun, and imaginative they are. I love the single shoe story and Aly washing the cars...she's quite the worker! I'm so glad you've joined the blogging world because your stories are always so much fun to read!
Hey woman! I can't beleive how big Kate is. The girls are beautiful! I hear you and Natalie live close to each other. I love the blog. I need to post more often. Keep up the good work. I hope everyone is well. Chris is a nut. Love his picture. You will always be a special friend.
Kids are the best and yours are some of my favorites!!
Post a Comment