Once again let me just say how grateful I am that my girls were able to go back to school in person this year. It may not have been perfect, but it was so nice to have some sense of normalcy.
Things were starting to feel normal all around as Spring peeked around the corner. I took the girls roller skating with their friends and NO MASKS WERE REQUIRED! It was amazing!
We celebrated our ethnic (Irish) holiday of St. Patty's day with the typical bucket of "gold", and special box of Lucky Charms. Fabulous.
One of the biggest things we did in March was put our house on the market. This was a major mental shift for me in that it made our move to Tampa seem real. This helped me get in gear on a few things. For one thing, we had to put everything away to make our home "show worthy" so people could come look at our home. This led to the beginning of the purging of our belongings so that we won't have so much crap, er, I mean, stuff, to move.
![]() |
| Kate, trying on some dress ups "one last time" before giving them to goodwill. |
![]() |
| Kate and Kylie about to break the wish bone. |
Another thing we needed to start thinning out was our food. What does that mean? Using up the frozen Turkey that we never got to in December? Yup. Who says a turkey dinner can't be just as delicious in April?
As ironic as this sounds, mentally shifting to Tampa also made me go buy MORE STUFF! There were some things that just weren't going to make the move: fraying rugs, the bunk beds, etc. I knew that Kylie would need new bedding, we would need new rugs, etc. and I would have more time NOW to purchase these things than I will when trying to unpack an entire home, so I did a little pre-emptive shopping.
![]() |
| Kylie is OBSESSED with sea turtles. She loved this accent pillow for her new room. |
Kate, of course, in true Kate fashion, had a marvelous time turning herself into a sumo wrestler with some of the new pillows.
The other thing that putting our house on the market did was make it so we ate out a lot more during house showings. Panda Express outside (covid) in 50 degree weather anyone?
And here is just a random picture of the beautiful clouds and sunsets I have come to love in Florida. I guess it could represent our move to Tampa. We've still got a ways to go on this road, but we are getting there, and we need to start getting ready!















No comments:
Post a Comment