So, at the end of March I drew this Venn diagram to represent my life. All of my time and focus seemed to fall into one of three categories: Prepping my house to move/selling my home, Getting a home in Tampa and the girls situated in schools, and keeping Young Women's moving forward and planning girls camp. In the middle it says "Taking Care of my Family." Burning the candle on 3 ends was getting a little hairy, to say the least. But I just kept moving forward and tried to pick one category to focus on each day. June and July would be here before you know it!!
Meanwhile, life goes on. Kate wanted to play an April Fool's joke on Kylie, and Chris, and had them fooled for a minute. I WISH it was already sold!!!
April also brought General Conference and Easter, all on the same weekend. We enjoyed a spiritual feast and then a physical feast with friends after conference was over.
Lunch bunch started back up in April as well and it was so fun to get together and see everybody again.
Another awesome thing was that Kylie had her field day . . . AND PARENTS WERE ALLOWED TO COME! This was the first event of the year that allowed parents back on campus since covid and it was so awesome to be back. Everything was outdoors and we had to sit in bleachers away from the students, but still!
Another big thing I did towards the end of April was tag along with Lise and her friends on a quick weekend, pre-move, girls' trip to Orlando so that I could check out MadDill/Tampa. On Friday, while the girls were off at Busch Gardens, I had made plans to visit Tinker K-8 for Kylie and Robinson High School for Lise and Kate. I was also able to drive around MacDill a bit and look at housing and such. It's always good to get the lay of the land a bit. MacDill was a beautiful post on a peninsula in the bay with nice looking housing. Another awesome thing was that I got to go to lunch with the Young Women's president of the ward we will be in. I had been texting with her a bit and asking her questions about the area and when she heard I was coming down we decided to do lunch. Super fun. It made me a little more excited to move, just getting to know the area and meet some of the nice people who will be there.
Saturday the girls headed off to Aquatica and I got a massage/pedicure with the other mom on the trip. We found some yummy food to eat as well. On Sunday we went to church and then stopped by the temple to take pictures before heading home. The girls had a great time and it was a nice relaxing/productive getaway for me as well.
And here's just a few random pictures of things I've sold/given away as proof that I actually did get rid of a lot of stuff at my house to make me feel better when I'm swimming in boxes at the other end of this move wondering why I have so much stuff.























No comments:
Post a Comment