Tuesday, June 19, 2012

The Last 8 Weeks - Aly


First of all I'd like to start off with a couple of quotes of the week from Aly:
Kate (commenting on some lady in our ward) - She's not a grandma, her hair isn't even white.
Aly - Our grandmas don't have white hair.  Our grandmas have gray and highlights.

Analise - Who knows what a compound word is?
Kate - Cupcake
Aly - Shoulder
Lise - Shoulder isn't a compound word.
Aly - Yeah, it has "shawl" and "der".
Lise - It doesn't say "shawl", and "der" isn't even a word.
Aly - DER!  See?  I just used it in a sentence.

So we finished up the soccer season and Aly is HOOKED.  She loved every second of it and would have practiced every day if she could.  I would say her team deserved the "most improved award" over the course of the season.  They learned so much and really came together as a team over the course of the season.  It was fun to go watch her play as well.  They ended the season with a festival with hotdogs and bounce houses - the whole 9 yards.  Good times, good times.


We attended lots of Aly's school activities which were awesome as well.  Here is one of her art displays at "The Evening of the Arts."  Excellent work!


Here's Aly with her 4th Grade Teacher.  She loved being a Stuart Stingray!

Aly was the #3 runner in Mile Club for the entire 4th Grade this year - Go Aly!  She got a medal for it and everything.  At field day she did a great job displaying her athletic ablities.  Here she is in the spider leg race and below her class won the tug of war for the entire 4th grade.  The pulled their guts out!

Aly had a couple of fun field trips at the end of the year as well.  I was able to go with her class to their tour of the hospital.  The 4th grade also went on an all day (and I mean all day - from 5 am to 5 pm) field trip to Tallahassee to see the courthouse, the capital, and the Mission San Luis.


The 4th Grade also put on a play called "Top 40" which showcased top 40 music hits over the decades.  The kids did a great job and the costumes were a hoot.  Aly would always be like, "how do you know that song?" when I'd start singing along to the songs she was learning at school.  Too funny.  She got the solo for "Lean on Me" and was the best act out there (in my opinion, of course.)


Aly also decided to make a bold move at the end of the year - to cut off her beautiful long hair and donate it to "Locks of Love". This helped to blend in her bangs that she's been growing out and makes her look much older - what happened to my little girl?  One majore bonus is that now that Aly has cut her hair, she's begun doing her own hair most days, which has been nice.

And finally for Aly, she and I were able to go to a Mother/Daughter Spa night and give each other facials, manicures, and pedicures.  It was fun to go with her - although Aly ditched me for her friends pretty early on.  But I'm glad she likes activity days so much and that she has a good group of friends in there.  Plus, I just started talking to my own friends when she left me, so it was all good. :) (Oh, and p.s. doesn't it look so awesome like we color coordinated for this picture which we so did not! ha, ha.)

1 comment:

Jessica said...

Stace I'm only going to leave one comment, but I loved ALL of them!! So cute and funny! I especially loved the videos, makes me feel more like I'm there. Thanks for the awesome catch-up. I just can't believe how much older all the girls look and are getting! Time flies. Love you guys!!!