So, today has been one of those days. Let me break it down for ya:
Lowlight – Kylie threw such a fit when I put her down for her
nap (yelling “no!” at me and refusing to lay down) that she tried to climb out
of the crib and instead fell out.
Lowlight – Kylie pooped a 6” log on Kate’s floor this morning (potty training in progress)
Highlight – since we didn’t go to the beach, I was able to make
up 3 batches of Strawberry jam
Lowlight – I’m hoping that no flu virus got into the jam as I
was making it. I don't want to get sick in 6 months when we eat it. (But the boiling
pectin should have taken care of that right? Or the freezing?)
Lowlight – because Lise was still feeling a little under the
weather this morning, we didn’t go to the beach with a friend
Highlight – Said friend offered to take Kate with her.
Highlight – when I put her back into her bed she was much nicer
about it and let me put her blankets on her and went straight to sleep.
Lowlight – Aly’s mouth has been hurting since they put a new
bracket on that final tooth today that’s coming in.
Highlight – I found out from Aly’s ortho appointment that since
we switched to Metlife for dental we should be getting a refund back from the
orthodontist
Highlight – She was completely dry the rest of the day,
including at the Orthodontist and during swim lesson drop off/pick up
Lowlight – I’ve been feeling dizzy for the past two days. Something is wrong with my equilibrium; I
feel like the world is spinning and when I lay down I feel like I’m going to
fall through the floor.
Highlight – I went to bed early last night because of it.
Lowlight – Kate got herself so worked up at swim lessons today
that she made herself throw up. It
freaked all the other mom’s out because the flu is going around. But she is totally NOT sick because the
minute she got out of the pool she perked right up and said she wanted scones
for dinner.
Highlight – Since the other mom’s left early, Kate got a private
½ hour lesson after they left and acted just fine in the water.
So yeah, that’s been my day, a snapshot of my life so to speak.
But I read an awesome article in the Ensign and I wanted to share a
quote from it:
“As you and I come to understand and employ the enabling power
of the Atonement in our personal lives, we will pray and seek for strength to
change our circumstances rather than praying for our circumstances to be
changed. We will become agents who act
rather than objects that are acted upon.”
- Elder Bednar
I love that quote and
hope to be able to implement it into my life - to be able to draw on the power of the atonement and be an influence for good to those around me in my daily life. To act and make changes for good rather than be acted upon.
4 comments:
Hang in there! You are one of my heros! I read that article by Elder Bednar last week and it is amazing. Wishing you more highlights then lowlights in the days to come!
Wow you just let it all out there. Held nothing back (I mean, even giving dimensions to the poo log). But I love it cause I'm so happy you blogged!!! Sorry it's been so rough, and I too hope there's more highlights than lowlights tomorrow and everyday after.
Such an amazing quote- and article (I've also read it). I'm so grateful we have inspired Brethren to lead and direct us in our lives today.
Love you my super smart sister!!
Love it, and I love that we are both potty training. Sounds like Kylee is doing better than Jake though, thinking I should send him your way=)
Love that quote as well!! Such a great reminder. I went through a dizzy thing as well a couple years back. The doctor told me to increase my water intake. It worked like a charm. I guess I was just really dehydrated. Every once in a while I will have the same thing happen, but then once I drink more water it goes away. Maybe it will hope you.
Post a Comment