Saturday, June 20, 2015

O'Gwin Oddballs

In addition to all the fun activities and awards, sometimes it's more of the behind the scenes stuff that is the most fun and makes the best memories. . . 
Analise, Kate, and Kylie have been working on this "Polly Pocket House" for months - and snagging every empty Kleenex box in the process to make all the rooms, furniture, etc.  They have put a lot of work and detail into this house - even down to making bedspreads for the beds and books to put on the bookshelves!  Pretty amazing guys!
Kate and Kylie are in a "matchy-matchy, same-same" stage where they like to dress alike.  They even went for one week straight, picking a different color on each day.  (They were trying to dress like the Rainbow Fairies from their fairy books, I believe.)
Every time it rains they want to go out and play in it - which is awesome.  Nothing better than jumping in rain puddles!

As for me, I got a haircut and the lady did my hair curly.  I got so many compliments from this that I am trying to incorporate in the hairstyle myself. . . some days it goes better than others. ;)  Chris also helped me tackle "the peanut" - what we affectionately call this huge flower bed in our backyard.  It was nothing but knee high weeds last summer, but this year we decided to mulch it before the weeds could get too high.  We were pretty proud of our handiwork.  Hopefully we can keep it under control . . .
Oooh - and I also got spoiled on Mother's Day! Chris got me these beautiful flowers and chocolate covered strawberries - so, so yummy!  Plus he and the girls cooked a scrumptious dinner for me and the girls made all sorts of cute cards for me.  I love my awesome girls and hubby!



Now for everybody's favorites - THE QUOTES OF THE WEEK!!!
Now, we don't see Aly as much these days.  She's always off with friends - at the mall, swimming, at McDonald's, having late movie nights, on youth temple trips, at the fair behind the mall, etc.  And all that is as it should be.  Luckily, I was still able to get a few quotes from her . . . 

We were playing Scattagories for Family Game Night and the topic was "Street Names," starting with the letter "P".   Aly wrote "Punching Bag".  She thought "Street Names" meant "Gangster Names."  Love it.  

Also, this awesome conversation when Aly bought a new watch and was telling Chris about programming it:
Aly - It was taking forever!  You don't know how hard it was to change my watch to military time.
Chris - How hard was it?
Me - Not that hard, once Mom read the instructions.



Analise went rock climbing with Chris for her Daddy-Daughter Date.  Super fun and she was like a Monkey!  She's also got a great sense of humor.  Here are a few of her latest quotes:

Lise - Dad's so strong he can do push-ups with his nose hairs!

Lise (looking at a box of kinetic sand she'd just bought) - I can't even read the directions because the package is in Spanish for some weird reason.
Me (turning the box over and handing it back to Lise) - There you go, Lise.  I just translated it for you.



Kate decided to decorate our mini pine tree with weed flowers from the yard.  She, of course, never fails to keep things entertaining.  In keeping with the Spanish theme, I was talking to Chris one day in Spanish and the conversation went like this;

Kate  - What are you saying?
Me - If I wanted you to know what I'm saying I wouldn't be speaking in Spanish.
Kate (matter of factly) - Oh, so you're cussing.

Kate - Why are birthmarks so hairy?
Me (?!?) - I don't know.  They're just formed that way.
Kate (w/a determined sigh) - I need to ask Google that.

Since Kylie is around more often, I've got a few more quotes from her and her fun personality.  She is a very social little bug and almost every day when we wake up she'll ask me, "what are we doing today?"  But no matter what I answer, or how fun it sounds, she'll always ask, "And what else?"

One night when it was Kylie's turn to clear the table she says to me, "Whoa Mom! You were a hungry girl!"  Apparently she thought I at a TON that night.

Another night, when she was helping me cook Hamburger Helper:
Kylie - Mom, why is the dinner farting?
Me - It's not.  It's boiling.

Kate (looking out at the field beyond our backyard) - Look, there's a guy mowing the field!
Kylie - Oh no!  He's going to destroy all the wishing flowers!
Kate - You mean the dandelions?!



LOVE, LOVE, LOVE THESE GIRLS!  They keep life interesting.

1 comment:

Spencer said...

The quotes really are always the best part. Love those silly girls!