Monday, July 11, 2011

The Puppy Phase

Kylie is now 11 months old - I can't believe she is almost a toddler! But she is definitely "acting her age" so to say. This is what I like to call "the puppy stage." She is getting into EVERYTHING! She can hear the fridge or dishwasher open from the other side of the house and will be over there in no time flat! She's so proud of herself when she gets there too. She just loves to "help". She also loves scrounging for food left under the table by the girls' messes. She is becoming a good eater with her baby food and is also really getting into people food - cheerios, Kix, and whatever she can beg off of the family whenever she sees us eating - Aly's banana, bread, rice, whipping cream, you name it. She's got 8 teeth now though, so I guess she can handle it. Oh, and *happy day* Kylie has figured out how to drink out of a sippy cup. Oh yeah!



**Sidenote insert!!** - okay, so I know this post is about Kylie, but this picture goes with the one below it and I couldn't resist including it. When we went to the park, Kate really wanted me to push her on the swings, but I told her I would only do it if she let me take a picture of her in front of the castle. So here she is doing it - while bawling her eyes out.



30 seconds later on the swing . . . complete joy. Ah, the trauma.



Kylie just experienced her first ride on the swings at the playground and LOVED IT! She was laughing and squealing her head off.



Here's a picture of Kylie with the off-center mohawk that Lise gave her. Hopefully there are some mini pigtails in her near future.



Kylie has also been acting like a little puppy by using her mouth to carry things around while she's crawling. It's hilarious.



Sadly, I think those days are soon coming to an end because . . . Kylie has taken her first steps!! She loves to practice and gets so excited when she walks. She always looks to see if we're looking and wants us to clap for her. Soon she'll be walking all over the place. It's time for one stage to end and another to begin . . .




5 comments:

Jessica said...

Okay- so is the arm in the video Chris's or yours? I say Chris, Mom says yours.

But I love how proud she is when she takes those steps!! She's just too cute! And has the absolute most gorgeous eyes ever seen in a baby! I'm jealous. :) We (mom and I) both miss her SO MUCH!! I can't believe she's going to be a year old in less than a month! CRAZY!! Love you guys and we wish we were there! Give Kylie a hug and kiss from Mom and I!

Staceroo said...

It's Chris' arm . . . I'm the one filming. It always cracks me up the level you and Mom go to in analyzing my blog. :)

Johnston Family said...

Okay, so this post is ADORABLE!!! I love when you post video's! That is so cute! And I LOVE how Mom thought that the obvious man arm in the video was yours! The pictures are all so dang precious, even the one of Kate in front of the castle, that actually could be one of my faves! And I love Kylie in the swing picture, pure bliss!

erin sheely said...

Look at her!! What a cuteface! She's getting so big!

Tiffany said...

We love to see these great pictures of your girls. There always is a good laugh. We sure miss you guys. Keep having fun and let us know all the fun you do.