
Originally, Chris was going to have to work on the 4th of July (believe me, the irony of a soldier having to work on the 4th - the day we're celebrating our freedoms and those who fought/fight to preserve them - did not escape me). However, the stars aligned and Chris only had to go in for a couple hours. While he was gone, Aly orchestrated a "flag show" to show Dad when he got home, and had all her sisters practicing. It was great entertainment - flags flying in semi-unison, and red, white, and blue balloons being thrown over the balcony. Good stuff.

That afternoon, I made 7 layer dip, and we headed out to Lincoln Park for our picnic dinner, swimming for the girls, and the fireworks display over the bay.


It turned out great! The girls had a blast swimming, I got to hang out with my hubby, and, due to Chris' great foresight, we had the perfect spot for viewing the fireworks! Kylie was a little nervous about the big booms at first, but soon got over it and loved looking at the colors.

Happy Independence Day, America! May there be many more to come.
2 comments:
Sounds like a super fun 4th of July! Love that the girls are all dressed up festive! Oh, and can I just also say that I LOVE all the blogging you're doing! It's awesome! Oh, and if you and Chris do end up seeing Harry Potter Part 2 on your date Saturday, let me know what you think. I thought it was really good. I was happy with how it ended! Love ya guys!
I can't believe that Chris had to go in on the 4th- that is a crime! Looks like you guys had tons of fun! I love how the girls did a little show with the flags & balloons, sounds like something I would've totally done!
Post a Comment