
On Friday Chris and I celebrated Valentine's Day early since he's leaving town next weekend. (Dates don't mean much when you're in the military. And a huge THANKS! to the Smith's who watched our kids!) We spent the night at the Steel Magnolia House, a bed and breakfast which also happens to be the house where the movie Steel Magnolias was filmed! "The Shelby Room" actually did look like Pepto Bismo had exploded

in there with pink and white striped walpaper. Luckily I spared Chris the agony and we stayed in M'lynn's Room. It was really a neat place, breakfast was great, and we got a tour of the house and it's history. While we were there we also toured one of the cotton plantations, strolled along the river walk, caught a movie, and ate a ton of yummy food at the local restaurants. It was a great getaway! Oh, and in case you're wondering about the short sleeves in February. It's up in the 70's here. What's up with that?
7 comments:
How fun! We're not that big on exact dates either, sometime in the same month is good enough for us. Sounds so fun, I would love a weekend away!
I LOVE Steel Magnolias! Makes me cry every time. That is so cool that you guys got to stay there. I mean you were in the same house that Julia Roberts was once in for crying out loud!!!
How fun to get away! I was glad you left a comment for me. I cam home Thursday and tried to remember what your address was and typed in a whole bunch of addresses with no success. Then this morning I found out I was spelling it wrong, oops. I liked reading about your cute family. I hope you don't mind me following your blog now :)
What a fun get-away!! I don't think I ever seen Steel Magnolias. Maybe I should rent it sometime.
Oh, Melissa....you have to see that movie!!! How awesome, Stacy! Getaways are so refreshing, aren't they? I'm glad to hear that you and Chris had that time together. I would love to visit the Steel Magnolias house...maybe I'll make it a trip with my mom and sisters - all huge fans!
What a fun getaway! Looks like that is a really neat place to stay. It kind of reminds me of a place in N. California where all of the rooms are themed. I'm glad you had such a great Valentines day!
How awesome is that! I know this is an old post but I'm catching up. :) Tom and I always joke about Steel Magnolias, I love that show!
Post a Comment