Hello there! The past little while has just been the same old, same old around here - you know, laundry, dishes, cooking, and what-not. Actually, I think I am one of the few people who really likes January. I love the holidays; but after it's all over, I love being able to slow down a little bit, reorganize, prioritize, and get to projects I've been putting off.Speaking of which, Chris mentioned that I haven't done any "quotes of the week" lately. But no worries, I've been saving up. So here we go . . . (oh, and don't mind the random pictures, they're just of Kate talking to Grandma and Grandpa on the phone and of Lise frosting some "easy bake cookies" she got for Christmas.)
Let's start with Aly. She tends to be extremely self confident and feels that she knows exactly what is going on and what is best for everybody at all times. So I was watching her in gymnastics one day trying to tell her teacher how to run the class and whose turn it was to be first and what not. So then the teacher told them to do a backbend and all the other little girls start doing it and Aly just stands there. The teacher's like, "Aly, aren't you going to do a backbend?" to which Aly replied, "That's not a backbend, it's a bridge." She was right, of course, but that wasn't the point. I tried explaining to Aly on the way home that she is in the class to learn and not to correct the teacher. Aly just smiled and said, "Sometimes my teacher says I should be the teacher." What am I going to do with that kid?!? Oh, and Aly just informed me that her school teacher says Aly's the Taylor Swift of the class. I can only imagine. It's like Chris says, "Aly doesn't just sing. It's an emotional event."
On another day, the girls were in the bathroom getting ready for bed when I heard the following conversation.
Lise - Wouldn't that be so scary if I fell into the toilet?
Aly - No, it wouldn't. I've fallen into the toilet before and it's just like floating on the water.
I'm glad that Lise has someone like Aly to glean all the wisdom of life from . . .
Lise is on this "what if" kick. Like after she dumped 1/2 the bottle of BBQ sauce on her plate, "what if our whole house was a puddle of BBQ sauce?" or "what if we had no arms?" The possibilities are endless. Also with Lise, when she gets excited talking about something, it kind of turns into a dance. She was talking to me about her snack at preschool and she had all the actions to go with it. Here's how it went . . . "Mom! Do you know what our snack for the day was?!? It was two cookies (hands out in front of her), Cheetos (bum wiggle like in the funky chicken dance), and A CUPCAKE!! (Jump into the air like she's just won a car.)" I love to see little kids get so excited about the little things in life.
And now for Kate. She is still our little talker and is now speaking in two word sentences ("Where's Lise?", "Poop Stinky", "drink milk", "swing outside", and so on.) She likes to go around with a "wand" saying "bobbity, bobbity, boo". The girls were teaching Kate Kung Fu after watching "Kung Fu Panda" and so now she will kick up her leg and say "Hi-ya!" Kate has also been climbing on EVERYTHING! She climbs onto her changing table, climbs up into Aly's top bunk, and up onto the bathroom sink to help herself to everyone's toothbrushes (ew!) And, yes, unfortunately, I have a few more things to add to what Kate is willing to put into her mouth. One day I was looking for Kate so that we could run some errands. . . I found her in the bathroom sucking on the toilet tank lid. (I found Kate elbow deep in the toilet water this morning before church also. I think it's time to start locking the bathroom door from the outside.) Another day when we were out at the bus stop Kate randomly found a 1/2 eaten corn dog and started munching on it. I know, disgusting. All I can say is that Kate's probably going to have the best immune system ever!
3 comments:
Sooo funny! Your girls are halarious! I love it! I loved the dance part about Lise & Aly being the Taylor Swift. I have to be honest though, the comments about Kate made me gag! J/K :)
Your girls make me laugh, as usual....they are such a combination of yours and Chris's fun personalities. Aly's confidence will help her out so much in life....nobody will tell her what to do or be able to make her question her ideals. Lise is a cute little bundle of energy, and Kate....wow! You are right about that immune system. I can't believe she's talking better than my almost 2 1/2 yr old. What a smart girl!
Your kids are such a hoot! I love hearing about what they say and so. I remember putting the bar soap in the toilet bowl and using a spoon to stir it until it was sudsy. It was great fun until grandma caught us.
Post a Comment