Sunday, November 16, 2008

More about food and our happenings.

This week was busy, but in a good way. I was able to do a lot of my favorite thing - spending time with people! Whether it was taking my girls and their friends on a Slurpee run (it was my girls first Slurpee ever!), visiting teaching, enrichment, play dates, dinner with friends, or a lunch date with my hubby, it was a good time. I also made some more progress in the Christmas shopping arena, so over all, a successful week.
This week the girls were their normal hilarious selves. Aly had a loose tooth that she let me pull out (using pliers nonetheless) because she "needed the money" from the tooth fairy. Also, going along with Aly's teeth, ever since the dentist told Aly she couldn't bite on suckers anymore because of her sealants, she's been dipping suckers into water and then sucking on them. . . I don't even ask.
Lise asked me this week, "Mom, why don't skeletons have ears?" That sprang into a very interesting conversation about whether skeletons could hear or not.
Kate contracted a horrible skin disease this week called "I got a hold of a red marker while my mom wasn't looking and decided to color myself." I also have a few things to add to the list of what Kate is willing to eat: glue sticks, play-doh, and wet wipes. Luckily everything is "non-toxic" that we've caught her with. Also, she loves eating grapefruit for breakfast. What sort of 17 month old does that? And finally, there's a few words Kate has added to her vocabulary: sit, stuck, please, and Dora (ola). She has also started trying to figure out the TV/DVD player to put Dora on for herself. Aye, aye, aye. What are we going to do with that kid? Hopefully she lives to adulthood.

5 comments:

Kimberly said...

Sounds like you've had quite and eventful and successful week. It's so funny when kids start talking about skeletons, brains, ghosts, etc. It cracks me up! Oh, and i'm glad to see we're not the only ones with wild kids at the dinner table!

MANDY said...

Always fun to hear about the O'Gwins! Good to hear you had a productive week.

Darcie said...

Sounds like you have been busy!!! I remember when I was younger I would walk to 7-11 and get a slurpee almost everyday, but my kids I think have only had maybe 2 or 3 of them. WOW, how times have changed.

We also stated Christmas shopping this weekend, I love christmas but sometime the whole shopping thing drives me CRAZY!! It is still bot to hard to shop for Braxton and Kennedy but Shelby is getting harder, her clothes are more $$ and she doesn't realy like toys anymore. What to buy a pre-teen. Wish me luck!!

Glad to hear that everything that Kate everything that was non-toxic, I never had a child that would eat anything but food. And grapefruit that is CRAZY i don't think I could get my 10, 8 or 6 year old to even try it.

Tricia said...

That skin disease...it's going around. Rachael Godwin's daughter, Rebecca, came to church with it yesterday. Only hers was puple and blue. And with permanent markers. HA! I love to read your blog...so much fun at the O'Gwin home.

Carrie said...

That Kate sounds like a bundle of trouble. What's with the eat anything deal? Luke's the same way, I think his favorite food is dirt and crayons, how can that taste good? Must be a third child thing. I love your updates they always remind me of how silly yet focused you are on things that matter most.