So, once Lise got back from her trip to Utah, she was 16 and ready to par-tay! First stop, getting her license. It was slightly more complicated with COVID, but we were able to get her in to take her drivers test, she passed, and - BOOM! - I now have another teenage driver on my hands. I've missed having someone who loves chauffering her sisters to playdates and stuff. It's the best! Lise has also been on a few group dates since coming back - Mini Golfing, dinner in Destin, and Turkey Creek. She is loving the teen scene and is very excited to be able to drive to school this fall instead of take the bus.
While Lise was off, living the dream, I had a few projects of my own going on at the house. The hurricane impact windows and doors that we had ordered finally came in and were ready to be installed. We replaced 3 windows in the girls' bedrooms, two french doors on the main level, and the side door in the garage. Luckily the crew was super quick and it only took a couple of days, so now I don't need to worry about putting up rusted, broken, hurricane shutters. I don't necessarily want another hurricane to come my way, but I'd feel a lot better now if one did. Now to get the doors painted.
The doors and windows look so much better with those accordian hurricane shutters gone as well.
And in the middle of all these projects and the longest.summer.ever. I was trying to find ways to keep my youngest two busy and engaged in something besides being glued to a screen. Kate really liked these "color by number" art pages. Kylie has been wanting to buy some more Elves' Dragon Legos, but they are super expensive, so I told the girls if they wanted to earn some extra money, they could put together the Legos they already have and don't use anymore and I would sell them on Facebook Marketplace. That's kept them busy for a few days and it has been super fun to actually see all the fun legos we've bought over the years. They girls have already earned over $100 so far, which isn't too shabby!















No comments:
Post a Comment