Thursday, February 13, 2020

Ho, Ho, Ho let the Festivities Begin (December 2019)

So first, a few random things. Here is Aly with one of her families that she babysits. She is really going to miss them, and they her, when she goes off to college. Such cute kids.


Next, this lazy boy. we did not realize when we bought it that although it was made from real leather it was some sort of compressed, piece work, piece of crap, so it's started flaking off!  you would get little pieces of leather all over your clothes when you sat in the chair and they were all over the carpet. It looked terrible.  But we're not really in the market for new couches at the moment. So Chris found an amazing solution. Lazy boy slipcovers! It's been a total game-changer.


And finally, a picture of Lise dabbing in her "YEET" shirt. Nuff said.



So, Aly wanted to run a 1/2 marathon and asked her dad if he would run it with her.  They had been training separately during the week and then running together on Saturday mornings for 3 months.  On the first Saturday in December, the day finally arrived.  


And . . . THEY DID IT!!  Aly said it was a lot harder than she expected it to be, but I'm so proud of her for reaching her goal.  And I'm super grateful that Chris would help her reach her goal as well.



On that same first Saturday in December, the rest of the O'Gwin Clan was getting ready to perform in the Niceville Christmas Parade.  Lise performed in the parade with the Niceville High School Color Guard.  Unfortunately, I was unable to see it since I was performing myself.  But I'm sure she performed marvelously!


This is quite the production that the two wards put on.  This year there was a float with Mary & Joseph & angels, candy throwers,  and four different dance groups.  I was with the adult women dance group, Kate was with the youth dance group, and Kylie was with the girls' dance group.  Kate even got to do a couple of lifts.  So much fun. 







So . . . decorating for Christmas this year was a little different.  I didn't want to get everything fully decked out since we were going to Utah for Christmas, but I told the girls as long as they promised to help clean up we could get out some stuff.  We ended up pulling out the mini-pencil tree to decorate.  Funny story about that - the tree was a little short so Chris went and got the porta-potty from our camping gear to elevate it a bit.  Luckily the tree skirt covered it.  😂





Here are some pics from the ward Christmas party.  It was breakfast and a service project for a nursing home.  Food, Folks, and Fun.




Afterward, Kylie and her friends put on a play for us - the story of The Grinch.  Kylie got to play the part of Max, the dog.   So apropos for her.  It was funny to watch her trying to pull her friend who is double her size around on a sled too!




And speaking of performances, let's not forget Kate's Holiday Drama Skits.  Super fun and witty.  I especially loved the one where she was Mrs. Claus reaming Santa for all the bad presents he'd given her over the years.  Love it.

  




No comments: