Tuesday, February 11, 2020

Always Be ChriStacy - Thanksgiving (November 2019)

So this year we decided to do Thanksgiving in Florida.  The kids, of course, wanted to carry on all of our traditions.  Lise made sure to start us out right by checking out "A Charlie Brown Thanksgiving" from the Library. Classic.  Next, we had a building gingerbread houses party! 



Love Lise's Christmas tree and logs stacked next to her building.  You can't see it too well in the picture, but Lise actually made a barn this year and a horse made out of toothpicks and marshmallows is sticking its head out the door. 


Kate made a pentagon house this year, which required a lot of engineering to get it to stand up.  Also love the smoke coming out of the chimney.  


Kylie had an amazing roof this year with shingles.  Lots of yummy goodness going on there. 


Also, love this tea towel that Kylie made at Activity Days.  I think they were supposed to decorate a "Grateful" towel for Thanksgiving. Kylie decided to write messages to the family on it:
"Dad: Keep on being Dad"
"This is for Lise: Yeet"
"Note to Self: Cheese!"
"This is for Kate: Sofitezfi" (inside joke between Kylie and Kate...?)
"To Aly: Keep making Pounders Cookies"
"This is for Lise: Your Mom"
"Mom: Can I help with Thanksgiving Dinner?"


This year we did Thanksgiving Dinner with the Stephani Family.  The weather was beautiful and so the adults ended up eating poolside in the backyard.  Nice!  



Later on, there was a pie party for anyone who wanted to come, swimming in the hot tub, and hanging out for the teens and adults. Lots of fun times.


A family movie was definitely in order and this year Frozen II was the top pick.  Fun movie and fun memories, since I think the original Frozen was how we started this tradition.  I love my girls imitating the cardboard cutout with Lise as Anna, Kylie as Olaf, Aly as Christoff, and a special treat, Kate as Sven. 😂



And Finally, Thanksgiving weekend means decorating for Christmas time!  The girls decided to try out their stockings.  I also love the unique character of many of our decorations, from Kate sitting on a reindeer to  Aly on the Shelf to Always Be ChriStacy.  Never a dull moment, I tell ya.

No comments: