Tuesday, January 21, 2020

Time For Prison (aka School) - Lise (August 2019)


So Lise took it upon herself to express how everyone was feeling about going back to school.  And I'm not gonna lie, that first week was tough.  Since the past week and a half had been totally focused on getting new carpet, I was not mentally in the game when Monday rolled around.  I mean, yes, I made sure the kids picked up their schedules, had school supplies, new backpacks, and I even bought Lunchables so the kids would have something to eat at lunch.  But Sunday night I realized that Kylie's sneakers no longer fit and so she was going to have to have scrunched toes on the first day of school.  Also, going back to school is like putting everybody on a 3-hour jet lag.  Sure, we tried to start waking up earlier a couple weeks before school, but I think the earliest we managed was 8 am.  When the alarm went off at 5:15 for seminary, I thought I was going to die.


Luckily though, we all managed to drag ourselves out of bed and make it to school on time - smiling!  There has been a little grumbling for having homework on the first day of school, one lunch forgotten, a schedule change, and I've had a hard time adjusting to a quiet, lonely house, but overall, the adjustment this year has been much easier than last year (so far).




Good things have been fresh banana bread waiting on the counter after everyone's first long day,  finding out you did have a friend in your lunch when you thought you weren't going to, making new friends on the bus who also happen to be in your class, having the nicest/friendliest/funnest teachers ever (according to Kylie), taking an evening swim after homework was done, watching a beautiful sunset, and playing in the daily thunderstorm puddles.  I think we're gonna make it!! 😂




That first week I also enjoyed going out to lunch with Aly and helping her find her classes at NWFSC.  She is taking dual enrollment classes at the community college to finish graduation requirements and get some college credit - for free!  Proud of that girl.  She also started classes one week after everybody else.



Oh, and a GREAT thing has been the excitement of seeing Chris on the weekends and having him here to celebrate his birthday!  We didn't do anything extravagant, but when you only see your husband a couple of days a week, it makes every weekend a party. 

No comments: