When we decided to take down our massive live Oak this summer, we had no idea what a massive project we had gotten ourselves into.
Holy Cow, trying to dig through those roots to make room for a new tree was a bugger! Such a slow process of digging and sawing and hauling. I felt more like an archaeologist than a landscaper. Luckily Chris was there to help me with the heavy lifting.
It was also really nice that I have a friend who is really good at gardening and could help me pick out what trees and bushes would look good. In the end, we actually revamped all the flower beds and created a new island surrounded by new sod. Here are some before and after pictures
![]() |
| Before |
![]() |
| After |
![]() |
| Before |
![]() |
| After |
I love the pop of yellow that I get with my Sunshine Ligustrum and how good it looks next to the deep purple Loropetalum. The tree in the middle is a Tuscarora Crape Myrtle which will supposedly have pink blossoms on it in the spring. I can't wait to see it!
Chris put in the new sod for me. Unfortunately, that guy is such a workhorse that he didn't take any breaks and got extremely dehydrated. Scary! He did a great job - it looks amazing! I'm so glad it is finally done though - what a beast! Now, all we have to do is the upkeep . . .










No comments:
Post a Comment