We spent Thanksgiving 2014 with the Chris' Sister and her family for the 4th year in a row - and it never gets old! Here are just some of the reasons why we love hanging out with the Paine family . . .
* Art Projects. As Carolyn is much more craft savvy than I am, the girls benefit greatly from all the creative options available at her house. Kate is especially obsessed with Perler's - they keep her busy for hours. I think she made like 20 things while we were there.
* Jumping on the Trampoline. Even when it's freezing outside, the girls are content to go jump in their coats.
*Ripstikking with Dad.
* Playing card games (and all sorts of other games)
* Playing with blow up antlers and engaging in "all the reindeer games".
I did not get to build a gingerbread house. However, I was able to make my own scrumptious creation - a veggie tray. Isn't it beautimus? :)
And as for the rest of the feast? We have my wonderful sister-in-law to thank for her delectable culinary skills. Here she is with my amazing brother-in-law, behind the awesome centerpiece she made herself. Move over Martha Stewart! (Back-story - It is because of Carolyn's mouthwatering cuisine that Chris was so upset that I went into labor on Thanksgiving Day, 2001. We were stationed at Fort Campbell and planned to spend Thanksgiving with the Paine's that year as well. However, Aly had different plans and decided to join our family that day, making Chris miss his Thanksgiving dinner. We've never heard the end of it . . . )
The Paine's are also always really good at letting me continue my family tradition of going bowling for Thanksgiving. We are all terrible, but it's sure a lot of fun!
After bowling we hit a movie and then couldn't resist a little Black Friday shopping. Kate and Kylie wanted their own Christmas tree in their room, and I guess Chris and I are becoming old softies, because we gave in. Maybe it's because we're realizing that our Christmases with young children at home are limited and we need to take advantage while we can.
We only spent a few days in Nashville, but oh what fun, and oh the memories! The Paine family is truly one of the steady anchors in our crazy, changing military world. What a blessing they are to us.























No comments:
Post a Comment