Thursday, September 29, 2011
Family Pictures and a Tropical Storm
So, it was that time again. Time for the annual family picture. I wanted to do the ever-popular "pictures on the beach" at least once while we lived here. Little did I know the adventure that would turn out to be . . .
First of all, you can never underestimate mother nature. I had scheduled our photo shoot weeks in advance, only to have Tropical Storm Lee hit the coast on that very day. So, we did the only thing we could do - take the kids to see "Winnie the Pooh" and rescheduled.
On our next attempt, the weather was beautiful - not too hot and sunny. But man it's hard to smile with that sun glaring in your eyes. And trying to get the girl's hair all nice was kind of a joke too, because of course it is always windy at the beach!
And finally, there's the kid factor. It is hard enough to get four kids to smile in pictures without having them completely distracted by seashells and wanting to run on the sand and get soaked in the water!! Kylie wanted to do nothing but run straight toward the water any second someone put her down. So we got a lot of pictures like the one above as well.
So yeah, one of our best shots is this one of us from behind, where Kylie is content because we are actually moving, the sun isn't in our eyes, and it doesn't matter that our hair is all blowing in our face.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
that is hilarious...love the chaos!
The pictures turned out cute!! Love the one of you and Chris kissing and the kids covering their eyes. Especially love how Aly and Kate are still holding hands in that picture. Cute. I can't get over how much bigger and older Kylie is in every picture!! And Stace- it just wouldn't be the same if things weren't an adventure right? What fun would that be?! Love ya!
I love all the family pictures, it makes me want to get off my bum and get ours done.
I love the family pictures. Yay for Chris's promotion, and it's great to see you all enjoying the great outdoors. Your kids will cherish those memories.
These are adorable! I love them! Can't wait to catch-up soon!
How have I missed these pix? I am just barely seeing them, so sorry for the delay in commenting. They are awesome! I love them all! I especially love the goofy one at the end. I want beach family pictures, oh but wait, we don't live by a beach! I guess I will just have to look at yours & dream!
Post a Comment