Kylie turned one at the beginning of August and we had a little family party for her. Notice how she has enough hair to put up in a spiky ponytail that looks like a candle on a cupcake. How apropos.
She loved her presents (and playing with the tissue paper), along with the brownie we gave to her. And oh, how far she has come in a year. Below are a couple of videos of what Kylie's been up to lately. She is a pro at walking, and very fast, I might add. I set her down in Primary and try to take roll for a second, and she's out the door and halfway down the hall. People are always bringing her back to me! She also has figured out how to go down stairs, but not backwards - ho, no! - she wants to go down like the big kids, and has figured out a way to do it. She wants to do everything she sees the rest of the family doing - sit up for dinner and eat big people food, have her own Book of Mormon during scripture time, and be wherever her sisters are. She also likes to dance and has a ton to say (as you can see in the video, she will hold conversations with people - can't wait till we can understand what's going on in that little head of hers).
I can't wait to see what the next year will bring . . .
5 comments:
Love that her hair is long enough for a ponytail! She looks absolutely adorable- as always. The videos were awesome. She sure is a chatterbox! And she has the cutest voice! I also can't believe that it's been a whole year since she was born, and mom and I were out in California with you guys. How time flies!! Give her a hug and kiss from me (and mom)!
Oh, and I hope the rash on the other girls is going away- and quickly so that they can still do the fun stuff they had planned this week. Love all of you guys!
The videos are the best! It makes me feel like I get to know her better! She is ADORABLE! Happy Birthday Kylie!
Some additional thoughts... Kate picking her nose in the second video- awesome.
And please relay to Chris that I wish him a very HAPPY BIRTHDAY! I thought about him throughout the day. Thanks for being an awesome brother-in-law. He amazes me with everything he does.
Love ya!!
Ha, ha. I was waiting for someone to notice the nose picking without me pointing it out!
Happy Birthday to Chris! And what is so funny is that I was just showing Mike the videos & I noticed the nose picking this time & thought that I was going to be so clever & be the first one to point it out! But nope, still funny though!
Post a Comment