Aly and Lise turning the garage into a skating rink, swimming at a friends, meeting friends at McDonald's on a rainy day . . .
and a 24th of July Pioneer Celebration at Lincoln Park. Besides eating and swimming, someone in our ward brought a jetski and let us have a turn. When it was Chris, Kate, and I on there it felt great to be out on the water. I could almost pretend that I was at Lake Powell for a moment, and then . . . I saw three dolphins about 10 feet away from us. It was so cool! We sat and watched them for a few minutes (until Kate got bored) - talk about neat-o skeet-o!
*Took Kate to Pensacola to figure out if she has Kidney Reflux. She has had bladder infection after bladder infection for the past 4 months, so we're trying to figure out what's going on. The results came back negative, which is good and she hasn't had one since, so hopefully it won't come back. Kate was a super trooper during the procedure, so we went to a Wendy's that they had in the hospital for lunch afterwards. This brought about Aly's quote of the week, "Ooh, Wendy's has my favorite kind of hamburgers. You know the one's that are brown, not burnt, that have been sitting around for awhile and heated back up." Yum-may.
*Aly got braces back on. She is now in (the final) Phase II of her braces. Man, she was only without braces for 7 months! Poor kid. They said this phase should only last a year though, so then she'll be done forever! Also, Aly has decided to grow out her bangs. Please notice the beautiful shwooping of the hair in the pictures.
* I've been doing back to school prep by rotating the girls clothes and looking at the school supplies list. Can you believe Aly and I now wear the same size shoe? (Have I already mentioned this?)
* Lise had me turn empty milk jugs into mega phones for the girls to play with. Cheap fun that lasted for days . . .
* Kate made an "ant swimming pool" out of the sand bucket in the backyard. I didn't have the heart to tell her that she was really drowning the ants (or maybe it's just because I don't really care if the ants drown or not - I'm sick of them on my back porch!)
5 comments:
Happy belated birthday! It seems as if the O'Gwins have made the transition to East Coast/Florida very smooth. This summer is brutal, but you remember NC....althoug this year is definitely worse than any summer we spent there. The kids looks great, and so do you - 33 yr old mamma!
Okay, so for some reason Lise is always hilarious in her pictures! And I love how Kate is winking in the one pic, kinda shows her personality to a T I think! I thought it was sooo funny what Aly said about the burgers (and that those are the kind she prefers). Also, where did you get Kylie's cute sippy cup that says her name? Too cute. She is such a beautiful baby, all of your girls are. But that is no surprise, look who their Mom is. Happy Birthday again! Hope you are enjoying your sweeter than sweet CD's I sent ya! :)
Love Aly's comment of the week. So hilarious! And I did notice her shwooped bangs. They're cute!! So glad to know Kate doesn't have Kidney Reflux! Hopefully the bladder infections are gone for me! Cause trust me, I know, those are no fun! You guys are definitely making the most of your summer! I can't believe how fast it's going by though. And like Laura, Lise kills me in her pictures. Love those girls to death. Oh- and the name plaques turned out way cute too!!
All in all- I love and miss you guys like crazy!!
Okay- I just heard about Kate! Oh my gosh, poor girl! I hope she starts feeling better soon!!! But knowing her, she's not letting the kidney infection slow her down. Give her a hug and kiss for me! Love you guys!
So, that super cute orange outfit that Aly has on in your last pic? Emma has that too! I love Kohls. Also you guys are just amazingly darling. And I am impressed with your creativity. Milk jug megaphones? That's just awesome.
Post a Comment