On Easter Sunday Chris and I spoke in Church. It went well and helped make my Easter much more meaningful as I was pondering it's message during the weeks prior. The Gordon's headed out early to meet their family on the Atlantic Coast side. We would be joining them Tuesday morning and then . . . Let the Camp Fest Begin!
We would be camping on Cumberland Island, just off the coast of the Georgia/Florida border, so first we met at the ferry with all our gear which we had to hand carry onto the boat. After a 45 minute "cruise" on the ferry, we arrived at the island where we had to hand carry our gear off the boat, load it into these hand carts (like the pioneers!) and tote it a 1/2 mile to our campsite. Then we had to set up camp. We were all a little tired after that. :)
* These carts were one of the best things that happened to us on this trip. The kids used them to "cart" each other around our campsite for the next few days. Hooray for kids self entertaining.
The camping itself, though, was a lot of fun. The island was BEAUTIFUL, with all the spanish moss, jungly plants, and TONS of wildlife: wild horses, armadillos, racoons, lizards (huge and small), etc. The food was scrumptious and of course there was the traditional hotdog/marshmallow roast.
We went for a hike one day to see some ruins and ended up seeing a bunch of wild horses and some wild turkeys as well. It was super hot and humid though. But the bonus of camping on an island is . . . you're surrounded by the beach!
This water was shallow for forever, so Kylie and I had fun just sitting and splashing our feet. Kylie got an entire wash down in the spigot afterwards because she was nasty this whole trip. Even when I'd just let her crawl inside the tent (where no shoes were allowed, supposedly) she would be covered with dirt. Yeah, I love camping, but I also love a nice warm shower when we're done!
* These carts were one of the best things that happened to us on this trip. The kids used them to "cart" each other around our campsite for the next few days. Hooray for kids self entertaining.
The camping itself, though, was a lot of fun. The island was BEAUTIFUL, with all the spanish moss, jungly plants, and TONS of wildlife: wild horses, armadillos, racoons, lizards (huge and small), etc. The food was scrumptious and of course there was the traditional hotdog/marshmallow roast.
We went for a hike one day to see some ruins and ended up seeing a bunch of wild horses and some wild turkeys as well. It was super hot and humid though. But the bonus of camping on an island is . . . you're surrounded by the beach!
This water was shallow for forever, so Kylie and I had fun just sitting and splashing our feet. Kylie got an entire wash down in the spigot afterwards because she was nasty this whole trip. Even when I'd just let her crawl inside the tent (where no shoes were allowed, supposedly) she would be covered with dirt. Yeah, I love camping, but I also love a nice warm shower when we're done!





3 comments:
I am such a jelly belly (which means I'm jealous, in case u don't know my lingo:) of all your to die for fun adventures you guys are having! That seriously looks like a blast!
I'm with Laura- that looks like tons and tons of fun!!! Glad that the girls- and Chris and you too- could reconnect with the Gordons. Gotta say though- sand coming out of the bum... too much info Stace! :)
So glad we got to enjoy this with you guys!!!! I love all your recent posts...you have been busy! And for the record, I LOVE how you bargain with your kids!
Post a Comment