Monday, May 23, 2011

Grammy & Papa

Well, we made it to the last week of school, and it was nothin' but smooth sailin'. HA! We've been having the usual ups and downs, but a lot of fun along the way as well. Analise got to bring in popcicles to her class to celebrate her summer birthday, Aly did a super job in her 3rd grade play, and I even got to go on a field trip with her to a dolphin cruise! I didn't get to go on field trips like that when I was little, I can tell you. The kids got a chance to drive the boat (see above) and we actually did see dolphins! (see below)

We also had a couple other visitors come into town for the last week of school . . . Grammy and Papa O'Gwin! We had a lot of fun with them while they were here. Some of the highlights were:

*Bass Pro Shop and out to lunch at a 50's diner (burgers and shakes, mmm!) Kate loved the huge shark, if you couldn't tell.


*The Science Museum. It was super hands on, which was perfect.


*The museum claimed it was "Family Fun for ALL Ages". I was skeptical until I saw both Grammy and Kylie enjoying putting together the food pyramid together. Then I knew it really was for all ages! ;)




* An evening at the park followed by ice cream. Carl and Marilyn brought a "cold" front with them so that it was in the low 70's and into the 50's at night. It was always so nice outside!


*Grammy enjoyed swinging with Kylie while Aly convinced Grandpa to play kick ball with her.


*Chillin' at the beach. The water was much calmer this time than last, so Lise practiced swimming to prep for upcoming swim lessons, and Aly put on her goggles and explored the underwater realm. She found pieces of sand dollars, fish, and a hermit crab.





*Kylie was happy in her stroller as long as she had her trusty sand rake to suck on. Plus she had Grammy and Papa chillin' with her.


*We also went to the Baker Museum, which was . . . interesting. It had some neat stuff to look at, but it only kept the girls attention for about 45 minutes. Then it was time to move on.


*Last, but not least - Every night was movie night! The girls loved having a movie every night. Thanks for coming to visit Grammy and Papa!


And, with those fun adventures, we have kicked off summer vacation 2011. We went to the beach again on Saturday with some friends. This place was in a cove so it was more like being on a lake. There were tons of fish that the kids had fun feeding crumbs to and trying to catch. And this is only the beginning . . .

1 comment:

Jessica said...

Hey! Awesome post. Looks like you guys had tons of fun with Carl and Marilyn. I'm getting so excited to come out- about 3 more weeks! I can't believe it's already summer time. Man time flies!! Love you guys!