
So, Chris was able to be home . . . for a weekend - before having to attend some meetings in North Carolina and train some reserve guys for their "one weekend a month" in Florida for another week. But hooray for a weekend together! There was wrestling, daddy as a horse, family movie/pizza night and an all out pajama day (on Saturday) where I purposely did not get dressed all day. I haven't had one of those days in forever and it was awesome! (I have had days where I somehow never got around to getting dressed because I was too busy doing laundry or whatever, but that's not the same as a PJ lounge day.) I played UNO with the kids, baked cookies, made yummy chicken salad, and Chris and I got some good time to catch up and talk about Monterey plans and what-not.

In other news, HOORAY KATE HAS HAIR! Holding true to tradition, Kate was mostly bald until about 18 months. I am glad to finally be able to do her hair so that she will no longer be called "the cutest little boy" dressed in pink at the grocery store. We've been trying out different things for Kate's hair (the headband look was just because Aly and Lise were wearing headbands that day and so Kate needed one too.) I am also going to try to let Kate's hair grow out without giving her bangs (Chris doesn't like bangs on little girls - I don't know why.) I tried to do this with Lise and her bangs were down to her eyes when Lise decided to take scissors to her own hair, so we'll see what happens with Kate. Lise is currently growing out her bangs to have a "schwoop like mommy" so maybe she can give Kate emotional support through the hard days.

My favorite words of Kate's lately are "okay", "yeah", "thank you", and "no". It's not the words themselves, it's the fact that she's holding conversations with us. When I tell her to go get her shoes and she says "okay" and runs off I just love it!! And the other day Chris was asking Kate, "Are you Kate?" - "No." "Are you Kater?" - "No." "Are you hungry?" - "yeah!" She's a cutie for sure, but she's also extremely curious, which causes me a lot of grief. This past week Kate took it upon herself to give herself a bubble bath by pouring the remainder of the girl's shampoo into the tub while I wasn't looking. She also pulled out 1/2 a box of kleenex and decorated her play kitchen, her rocking chair, the closet doors, a book, and her body with a marker that was left out. The thing is, when I discover these messes, Kate is just so excited to show them to me and what a good job she did. What can I say to that?
As far as the other two girls . . . I'm really feelin' the lovin' from Aly this week. She had to give a church talk on Fathers and wanted to take the picture of Chris and me and cut me out for her visual. Thanks, Aly. One day I heard Lise giggling her head off. When I went to see what was so funny I found her tickling her own armpit. Also, Lise's favorite thing to do at the grocery store - every week - is to look at herself in the mirrors above the produce and sing her made up songs to herself at the top of her lungs.
And finally, a conversation I overheard by the girls:
Aly - Do you want to know how to spell cookies? C-I-C-something-something
Lise - Aly, "something-something" is not a letter!
I'm so glad they keep each other in check!
8 comments:
ha ha you guys have some good times...the pj idea is great too.
kristine
So cute! Kate sounds so much like Matthew was & how Luke is now. Somehow Scott managed to miss this phase.
Wow! Lise is already catching onto the older-sister-knows-everything-but-not-so-much thing...very bright. Kate's hair is so pretty - I love your little blondies! None of those in my family! That is great that Chris was around for the weekend, and as usual - you guys made the best of it. Happy for you!
That family time together is so great. I can't beleive how big Kate is getting.I remember when she was born. Oh yeah have I told you lately, girls are great!
I love pajama day! I haven't had one of those in awhile and could use one. Looks and sounds like you had a great time with the fam! You should post your recipe for "yummy chicken salad." Sounds so good!
Stace- as always you've reaffirmed that I have the cutest nieces in the world!! I LOVE Kate's hairdo- so cute!! Oh, and can I just say- Kate and Lise look a lot alike!! At least in the pictures you've posted. But then- I thought Aly and Lise looked a lot alike, but then they kind of grew out of it. Sounds like you guys have been having a lot of fun lately. I can't wait to have these conversations with Kate this summer!! Well- Love ya guys!!!
Such a cute post! Love the pictures as always! And I think that I need to have a "Pajama Day" ASAP! Love you all!
What cute girls you have! I'm glad you guys had a fun time with Chris home and I do love that litte one's hair. She's awesome.
Post a Comment