So, as previously mentioned, I came back to Florida with Kate in quarantine. That night, she came down with a sore throat and I was like *dum, dum* here we go! She continued to feel sick and I started feeling like I had a mild cold as well a couple of days later so I took her in to get tested for COVID . . .
. . . meanwhile, Kate was getting bogged down with tons of homework from her teachers while in quarantine. Half of her teachers had been in quarantine the previous couple of weeks and the kids hadn't been doing as much, but when the teachers came back it was full force trying to get caught back up. Poor Kate was caught in the middle of it and by the time she started feeling well enough to start working she had a mountain of schoolwork to catch up on. She was able to go back to school for only 3 days before winter break started and ended up spending a good portion of her Christmas vacation working on homework. She was finally caught up and ready to turn everything in when she went back in January, but it was ROUGH! (Pictured are a couple of her "projects" from various classes. She's definitely got an artistic talent.)
On the upside though, Kate's COVID test came back negative - we actually did have a cold. (Who knew other diseases were still going around, right?!?) Also, when Kate did go back to school she was able to make a circuit in her STEMM class that she turned into an ornament for our Christmas tree. Love it.
In the midst of all this quarantine business, the Drama kids play was coming up. Kate was unable to participate, unfortunately, but Kylie was raring to go and knocked it out of the park! She played the younger sister to another character and let me tell you - she's a natural. Having lived with her, I'm not even sure she was acting. She has such a flair for the dramatic and is excellent at putting the correct fluctuations in her voice. She was great for the comic relief as well.
One thing I also love about Kylie is how when she comes down to say prayers with me in the morning she'll always crawl into bed and snuggle with me for a few minutes (and sometimes fall back asleep). Not sure how much longer she'll be my little girl - she seems to be on a growth spurt as we speak -but I'll take what I can get.
December was also when football season was wrapping up for Lise. Niceville's last two games were nail biters! They won the first one in double overtime but lost in the semi-finals in the last 6 seconds when a field goal bounced off the goal post into the endzone! Heart wrenching.
We still had the "Sounds of the Stadium" concert to look forward to though, and it was awesome. They did it in an outdoor ampitheater this time and I actually liked that so much better. I could see better and it wasn't so loud. (And yes, that is Florida in December for you that we are all out there in short-sleeved shirts.)
I am so glad that Lise found her niche with Color Guard in High School. It has been such a good experience in developing talents, making good friends, and just being involved. And it was SO MUCH FUN!
Lise and her friends also like to throw surprise parties for each other, which is super fun. I'm glad Lise feels comfortable inviting her friends over to our house. It's just crazy! (Also, my first attempt at pigs in a blanket was a success! 😁)
As far as other happenings, we had a Young Women Christmas party with crafts, a Christmas mug exchange, and a hot chocolate bar. Love these girls and seeing them have fun together.
I also was in charge of a game for a wedding shower that turned out pretty fun. Pretty proud of myself. 😂😂😂
And finally, Kylie was my date to the Nutcracker so we could watch a couple of her friends perform. It was super fun. Just trying to get into the Christmas spirit over here.































No comments:
Post a Comment