Monday, February 25, 2019

Ed Sheeran and other Shenanigans (Nov 2018)

So, how do I begin this?  Aly is obsessed with Ed Sheeran.  As in, we are listening to him constantly in our house.  I'm not complaining; he's a good artist.  But Aly's obsessed.  So anyway, a few months ago she started telling me about Ed Sheeran being on tour and could we please go to his concert in New Orleans . . . and then Orlando . . . The thing is she would always ask me about a week out and I'm currently a single parent with 3 other kids to worry about, not to mention I'm a planner and need a little more notice on things like this.  But her birthday was coming up, so my friend and I got online to look at the concert tour schedule and dum, da, dum, there was a weekend in November when Ed Sheeran was playing in Atlanta and we were free.  Happy Birthday, Aly!!  Another bonus was that my friend's Sister lives just south of Atlanta and would let us stay at her house.  Bonus!  
ATLANTA, HERE WE COME!

The girls making fun of me for taking the worst selfie ever


So Aly, Lise, Paige, Carrie and I hopped in the car and had a great time chatting on the road trip up there and after a quick stop to drop off our gear we headed to the concert.  We found a hip pizza place to eat before heading in.  Yummy! The one thing I wish I would have known ahead of time is that you couldn't bring in any bags that were larger than a fanny pack so we ended up having to check our purses in a dodgy station off to the side.  


Bonus at the concert is that Aly & Paige loved one of the opening acts, Lauv.  Cold Play was also on the docket. 


And then . . . there was ED SHEERAN! 




Now, I'm not a big concert gal, but Aly loved it.  I think Lise and Paige had fun too.  And Ed gave a pretty good concert.  Props to him.  


In other news, Aly also got her shoes with a map of the US on them so she can mark off all the places she's lived/visited, and I finished her baby book to give to her as well.  (I was trying to finish the book for her 16th birthday, but hey, it's just as good a year later, right?)



And in other random things that happened in November, Kylie became an explorer with her "Pocket Explorer field guide", camera, backpack, and boots!


Kate . . . was being Kate. . . 
Here's a quote of the week from Kate:
Kate - I'll just be a mom and start eating leftovers for breakfast so we can start having real meals for dinner.

Nice.  I appreciate her trying to help out the leftover situation - and for realizing the responsibilities of a mother. hahaha!


Not sure what was happening in this picture either, but I'm always happy when my girls are willing to take a selfie with me.


And Kylie is having a great time being a 3rd grader.  I love the random stuff I find around the house that just makes our lives interesting.  I want to sing with the turtles!!

Quote from Kylie while doing her Math word problems:

Kylie - I wish these people could just solve their own problems!

Amen, Sister.


No comments: