![]() |
| Thanks to Lise we had this fun little poem to read on the fridge all month. |
Chris was travelling a lot during the month of March. I don't remember everywhere he went, but I know he visited a lot of countries in Central and South America, and a lot of States in the United States. He's got guys from his battalion and conferences to go to all over the place!! ;p Travelling can sure be draining (the jet lag alone!), but Chris is doing a great job maintaining the mission his guys have while exploring other options and ways to keep this crazy world safe.
Meanwhile, back on the home front, I made sure that I would be equally as tired when Chris got back by letting the girls have sleepovers in my room. Haha. It's actually sweet having them come in, I just get a lot of elbows and knees poking me in the night.
One fun thing we got to do as a family in March was go to a Masquerade Ball put on by Chris' Battalion. We got all the girls dolled up and away we went!
![]() |
| A couple of Beauties! |
![]() |
| Love the masks and ribbons. Notice Kylie was able to escape the house without me noticing that she did not have on her black Sunday shoes! |
The girls had a great time dancing the night away and . . . truth be told, so did I. I may have even danced more than the girls! :)
Oh, and we also had a real fun time at the photo booth . . .
Early March brought on Field Days for Kate and Kylie as well. I was so happy to have them right before Spring Break instead of the last week of school when it is sweltering outside! These are the things I'm going to miss once I no longer have kids in elementary school.
![]() |
| Our neighbors were having a garage sale and offered to let the girls sell lemonade at it. They had a lovely time out in the lovely sunshine. |
Kylie has been losing teeth left and right. (And top and bottom. Hahaha.) It is to the point where she can't even bite with the front of her mouth so she's always using the side of her mouth and getting food all over her face. Watching her trying to eat corn on the cob was hilarious. She looks super cute though.
Here's Kate trying to teach me how to take a selfie. :p And I also love this shirt I bought for her. How could I not get it?!? She indulged me by acting out the shirt below:
![]() |
| Wanna Taco 'Bout It? |
![]() |
| Nah, It's Nacho Problem. |
![]() |
| Guacward! |
Lise is having fun with friends and exploring her world. She recently discovered her talent for poetry during her poetry unit in Language Arts. Below is one of her poems. In case you can't read it, I will type it as well.
I am poem
I am a funny and clever girl
I wonder what is in the mind of a squirrel
I hear magic in the distance
I see people give others assistance
I want my hair to be made out of curls
I am a funny and clever girl
I pretend I like new foods
I feel all sorts of different moods
I touch the sky while on the ground I lie
I worry about school and i tmakes me want to hurl
I am a funny and clever girl
I understand when it's time for work and time for fun
I stay to do the work early 'cause I'd rather get it done
I dream about the future and what's in store for me
I try on new things when I go on a shopping spree
I hope to see all the world
I am a funny and clever girl
On an upbeat, Aly lettered in academics!! This year was also a huge learning curve with tons of homework, Honors and AP Classes, and just learning how to study and what type of learner she is. I'm so proud of Aly for digging in, stepping up, and not giving up even when it was hard. She is one amazing young woman.
So, to come back full circle from the poem at the beginning. Maybe we didn't end up making onion rings. Do tin foil dinners count? ;) The girls went to a pre-camp overnighter where they had a great time learning first aid, cooking hobo dinners, and of course getting no sleep whatsoever. Good times, good times.


































No comments:
Post a Comment