Whoa! Amazing how going out of town for the entire summer can get you behind on things, huh? But after a couple months of awesome adventures and finally getting the girls settled back into school, I'm going to try to recap all of it and get (somewhat) caught up before the next stage of madness - the holidays - begins. So . . . . here we go!!
In June Chris was able to go down to the Florida Keys with the boy scouts to "Sea Base". It was totally up his alley.
First of all, they had to row 5 miles out to the island they would be living on for the next week.
They spent the week fishing for their food, building fires, cooking their food, swimming with sharks (um yeah, I just said that, it's not a typo), etc. Below is a picture of Chris snorkeling. He had made a bet with the boys to see who could swim down to the bottom at a 30' depth (or maybe it was 40'?) Guess who could do it? Yep, my man! ;)
So yeah, it was a week of no-shower-nastiness in raw nature pushing yourself to your physical limits. If that doesn't sound like Chris' dream vacation, then I don't know what does. He definitely gave it a thumbs up. :)>
A friend in my ward offers these camps and I was so glad because sewing is not a talent that I would be able to pass on to my girls so it's nice to be able to hire out. ;)
* Making "Fred" the pancake, to look like Lise's imaginary whatchimabob that she draws on everything. She has created a whole backstory for Fred and his friends, to include a theme song. Awesome.
* We took a few days to head to the water park with friends. Now this is what summer is all about - AWESOME!
(Aly did not want to be photographed. Even though she is one of the most photogenic people I know, she has now started avoiding the camera - unless it's a selfie, of course.)
In June Chris was able to go down to the Florida Keys with the boy scouts to "Sea Base". It was totally up his alley.
First of all, they had to row 5 miles out to the island they would be living on for the next week.
I know this looks like paradise (and it was), but it was paradise in its raw form, without indoor plumbing - or indoors period!
They spent the week fishing for their food, building fires, cooking their food, swimming with sharks (um yeah, I just said that, it's not a typo), etc. Below is a picture of Chris snorkeling. He had made a bet with the boys to see who could swim down to the bottom at a 30' depth (or maybe it was 40'?) Guess who could do it? Yep, my man! ;)
So yeah, it was a week of no-shower-nastiness in raw nature pushing yourself to your physical limits. If that doesn't sound like Chris' dream vacation, then I don't know what does. He definitely gave it a thumbs up. :)>
While Chris was away, Aly was on her own camping adventure - Girl's camp style, which meant cabins and toilets and electricity. But still, they were really roughing it and had a great time. ;) Nothing that a little junk food couldn't fix, right?
Meanwhile, back at the ranch, I had signed Lise and Kate up for Sewing camp. They loved it!A friend in my ward offers these camps and I was so glad because sewing is not a talent that I would be able to pass on to my girls so it's nice to be able to hire out. ;)
They did the beginner's course where they each made a pillow and an apron from fabric they had picked out themselves. They turned out super cute and have used them at home many times!
So, amid all this flurry of activity, we also found some time for "Random Awesomeness". Some examples include:* Making "Fred" the pancake, to look like Lise's imaginary whatchimabob that she draws on everything. She has created a whole backstory for Fred and his friends, to include a theme song. Awesome.
* One day Lise was grocery shopping with me and halfway through she asks if she can sit in the cart because her shoes are hurting her feet. I told her there wasn't any room in the back but she could sit in the "baby seat" if she wanted to and that she better act the part. She was more than happy to oblige. Awesome.
* Kate always wants her hair in some sort of weird arrangement. I can't remember what this one was for. But it's definitely awesome.
* We went through all our old crayons and Analise wanted to melt them down into new crayons. Awesome.
(Aly did not want to be photographed. Even though she is one of the most photogenic people I know, she has now started avoiding the camera - unless it's a selfie, of course.)
* But the most awesome of all was everybody coming back together after all our adventures.
- can't you feel the love?











No comments:
Post a Comment