![]() |
| Got this nifty monogrammed serving dish from my awesome sister-in-law, Carolyn. |
We made loads (and I mean loads) of cookies. There were chocolate chip, peanut butter blossoms, sugardoodles, white macadamia nut, and oatmeal raisin - I've never made that many cookies at Christmastime ever. And that's not even counting all the goodies that people brought to our door! It was kind of disgusting actually. Luckily we gave away a lot of our cookies away as well, but still. Anyhoo, one night we made up some cookie plates, decked ourselves out in "holiday gear," and went caroling. Kate asked, "What is the real purpose of caroling, anyway?" to which Analise replied, "To get some figgy pudding!" [Duh!]
| Kate just had to have a "reindeer day." Love how she's always dressed for the occasion. |
With the tree up and glowing beautifully, we had our traditional "watch-movies-with-hot-cocoa-and-sleep-in-front-of-the-tree-as-a-family" night. We watched "The Polar Express".
After cleaning up dinner, while Chris read the Christmas story from the Bible, we decorated sugar cookies (yes, even more cookies! I told you it was crazy!) I was super nice and had even cut a few of them out into shapes - way above and beyond for me. Can you tell from the decorating below that decorating cookies is a novelty at our house? It pretty much just turned into dumping every kind of sprinkle we owned onto the cookies at once. They still tasted yummy though!
And did Santa come? Why yes, he did! Santa stuffed those stocking's full!
After all the ooh's and aah's over Santa's goodies, it was on to the massive present opening extravaganza!
Some of the highlights . . .
Footed jammies (aka Zuit Suits) for all the girls. After presents, while they were waiting for breakfast Aly and Lise taught Kate and Kylie the "sliding-down-the-stairs-in-a-zuit-suit" trick. The tradition lives on! (Feel free to complete Chris' sentence at the end of the video!! hahaha)
Frozen Barbies and art projects galore for Kate. She had a great time making her little perler creatures.
Ever After High barbies and Frozen dress ups for Kylie, or, er, our little Elsa.
Basketball, Journal, Nail Polish pens, and Aly's old ipod. As Lise put it, "I had a really good Christmas!" She also got a locket from my dad to put pictures of her Grandma and Aunt Jess in. I think it turned out great.
Aly was happy about her itunes gift card, digital picture frame, purse, ripstik wheels, and of course, cash from Grammy. :)
Chris was pretty happy with his new tablet, shotgun, and Captain America shirt. (Not shown: Psych Jammies - man! I really need to get a picture of him in those pineapple pants!)I, of course, loved my new Vitamix, purse, knitted boots, and home videos put on DVD after many man(ly) hours put in by Chris. Thanks hun-nay!
By the next day though, we were hanging off the rafters - literally. We were having some major cabin fever and needed to get outside in the sunshine.
Chris played a little one on one . . . on one with the girls in the driveway . . .
We were all a little more active this holiday than normal. (We needed to after all those cookies, right?!? I don't know if it kept us from gaining weight, but maybe we gained less. ;)>) I got Chris to do yoga with me and now he's hooked. The little girls loved joining in as well. Kylie ran to get into her "yoga pants" and Kate took to it like a fish to water, what with her being a human Gumby and all with her crazy flexibility.
And finally, I did a workout at my friends house and was feeling particularly flexible at the end, so I decided to try a toe touch after who knows how many years. It didn't turn out too bad, if I do say so myself!


2 comments:
Looks like you were all spoiled rotten! Well deserved, and so thrilled you got to spend Christmas all together! Loved that you got the whole family doing yoga=)
Looks like an awesome holiday!!! I need some yoga tips?
Post a Comment