Friday, November 21, 2014

I'm so glad when Padre comes home!

For the 1st week of November, my Dad came for a visit.  Well, actually, technically speaking, he flew in for Halloween, which was fun.  Here are some of the things I love about having my Dad come to visit:
* He is super handy and loves to help.  Whenever he comes to visit he asks what projects he can help with around the house.  So I've learned to try and have a few things ready for him.  This time he helped us trim up a few bushes and trees, winterize the hoses, fix Analise's bike tire, fix a pair of my shoes - pretty much just knocked out our home to-do list.
* He loves my kids almost as much as I do and likes hanging around with them.  He likes going to gymnastics, dance, Young Women in Excellence, and, of course, taking them out for ice cream.
* He is willing to stay at home with the kids and let Chris and I get out for an evening to ourselves.
While he was here we went to a car museum where they had a lot of nice restored old cars.


 We've got quite the lot of Vanna's here to show off the cars for us . . .





The girls had a couple days off of school so we took advantage of that by heading to IHOP.
(And here's what actually happened while I was trying to get a nice picture taken . . . )

 Here is a picture from Aly's Young Women in Excellence where the girls displayed things to represent personal progress goals they had worked on throughout the year.
When the kids went back to school, my Dad and I went on a Daddy-Daughter date.  We had a good time.  We went to see Lincoln's birthplace and then to the Lincoln museum.  I really liked this picture of Lincoln that had a bunch of hidden pictures in it.  If you look closely you can see his mother (her skirt is his nose), an American flag (up in his hair), a log cabin (upper lip), and slit rail fence (below bottom lip).
 After this we went to lunch at the Whistle Stop Cafe for some down home country cookin' and looked at some antique and craft shops.  It was really nice to spend some time with my Dad.  I'm glad he was able to come see our new digs in Kentucky and hope we'll be able to see him again soon.  I sure love my Dad.



No comments: