Let's just keep on rollin' . . .
March has been a very exciting and eventful month that went by way too fast. Aly was able to go to the pre-camp over-nighter to work on certification and the hike for girls' camp. As you can see from the above picture, they had a blast!
St. Patty's day was also a big hit. Because "Everyone loves and Irish Girl", right? And we're Irish every day of the year!!
I had preschool at my house again, this time on a Dr. Seuss theme. We played with play dough after reading, "Oh the Thinks You Can Think!"
And finally . . . SPRING BREAK!!! We have been living it up this week, just relaxing and spending time with friends. It was finally warm enough to go to the beach, so we totally jumped on it. The water was still cold, but it was perfect outside and everybody had fun playing in the sand. And of course the kiddos still got in the water for a bit as well.
And you also get a picture of me, being a weirdo, as usual.
Also during Spring Break Kate and Lise went to a back handspring clinic where they worked on skills and building muscles to learn how to do a back handspring. They both did really well and were really fun to watch.
This week I also started cooking again (for reals, not just the easy quick stuff I always do when Chris is gone.) We had the Sister Missionaries over for dinner and I'm trying to build up some freezer meals for when Chris gets home and the craziness before we move.
I was also able to do a day trip to the temple on Wednesday with some friends. It was awesome. I love the peace that's found in the temple and the quiet reassurances of the Spirit. While I was there I was impressed with the purposefulness of all Heavenly Father's creations and knowing that, as I am one of his creations as well, there is a plan and purpose for my life and my family. In thinking about the last almost 3 1/2 years we've lived here I was also impressed that, although we may never be able to come back to this same ward or friends, or time in our lives, there is always more good friends, opportunities, and great people waiting for us at our next duty station. I have learned to trust in that.
And finally, I'm excited to watch the Women's General Broadcast with Aly and Lise tomorrow. What a great experience!
Aly's been having more chorus concerts, which are always fun to go to and amazing to listen to.
I was able to take Aly and Lise to see "The Sound of Music" play which had 3 kids from our ward playing the roles of 3 of the VonTrap children. It was awesome!St. Patty's day was also a big hit. Because "Everyone loves and Irish Girl", right? And we're Irish every day of the year!!
I had preschool at my house again, this time on a Dr. Seuss theme. We played with play dough after reading, "Oh the Thinks You Can Think!"
And finally . . . SPRING BREAK!!! We have been living it up this week, just relaxing and spending time with friends. It was finally warm enough to go to the beach, so we totally jumped on it. The water was still cold, but it was perfect outside and everybody had fun playing in the sand. And of course the kiddos still got in the water for a bit as well.
Also during Spring Break Kate and Lise went to a back handspring clinic where they worked on skills and building muscles to learn how to do a back handspring. They both did really well and were really fun to watch.
This week I also started cooking again (for reals, not just the easy quick stuff I always do when Chris is gone.) We had the Sister Missionaries over for dinner and I'm trying to build up some freezer meals for when Chris gets home and the craziness before we move.
I was also able to do a day trip to the temple on Wednesday with some friends. It was awesome. I love the peace that's found in the temple and the quiet reassurances of the Spirit. While I was there I was impressed with the purposefulness of all Heavenly Father's creations and knowing that, as I am one of his creations as well, there is a plan and purpose for my life and my family. In thinking about the last almost 3 1/2 years we've lived here I was also impressed that, although we may never be able to come back to this same ward or friends, or time in our lives, there is always more good friends, opportunities, and great people waiting for us at our next duty station. I have learned to trust in that.
And finally, I'm excited to watch the Women's General Broadcast with Aly and Lise tomorrow. What a great experience!










No comments:
Post a Comment