In September, my brother and sister and their spouses came out to do a week at a beach house with me, which was awesome! (Also, my Dad came out to watch the kiddos for me so that I could go stress free. It was sooo nice! Thanks, Dad!) The Beach house was beautiful and we were right on the beach. Gorgeous!
We also took turns picking a restaurant every night and got to try out all different kinds of quisine. Chinese, Mexican, Thai, Italian, and American. So much fun.
Another day we went tubing down turkey creek. We picked up Kylie and let her come along for the day.
And, for the final broo-ha-ha, we went on a Sunset Cruise. It was a sailing cruise and we had the whole boat to ourselves. I loved it! The best part about it was that Chris came in the night before (he'd been on a trip to Afghanistan the previous week) and so he was able to come with us!
You know, I gotta say, even though I live right here, it was very nice to be able to "go on vacation" in Destin. There's nothing like it. :)
While we were there we caught just about every kind of weather. Beautiful Sunsets, an amazing lightning storm over the ocean . . .
. . . and also some bright sunny days for catching rays at the beach. The guys had fun skim-boarding and body boarding, while Laura and Tiffany lounged in the sun. I bounced back and forth between the two. (BTW, notice my first ever floppy beach hat. I love it!)
One of the days we split up between the girls and the guys. The girls did a "spa day" with massages, manis, pedis, shopping, and a movie.
The boys went on an all day fishing excursion where they caught some fish to cook up for us on the grill. Delicious!Another day we went tubing down turkey creek. We picked up Kylie and let her come along for the day.
And, for the final broo-ha-ha, we went on a Sunset Cruise. It was a sailing cruise and we had the whole boat to ourselves. I loved it! The best part about it was that Chris came in the night before (he'd been on a trip to Afghanistan the previous week) and so he was able to come with us!
You know, I gotta say, even though I live right here, it was very nice to be able to "go on vacation" in Destin. There's nothing like it. :)
1 comment:
We loved that trip so much, so we hopped that it was a vacation for you too, even being so close to home. Thanks for all you did to make that trip work out so nicely.
Post a Comment