Tuesday, July 10, 2012

What Chris has been up to


For the month of June Chris was doing some training in New Mexico to prepare for the upcoming deployment.  He was working 20 hour days, subsisting on around 4 hours of sleep a night. Talk about gruelling.  However, there was a bright spot in the middle of all the stress - the mountain. 
 In order to deal with the mental stress of the day, Chris would accomplish the physical feat of hiking up this very steep mountain every day with full body armor on.  At dinner he'd invite whoever wanted to join him, and, as you can see, quite a few came, with different people joining him each day. 
As if the body armor wasn't enough, they would put a bunch of 20 lb. sandbags on a stretcher and take turns carrying it up and down the mountain.  In the picture above Chris is holding the stretcher on the right.
I think it's way cool that my husband would involve his guys in this to bond the group, as they will be working very closely together during the upcoming year.  Plus, what an accomplishment!  I wish I could have been there to go up with him one day . . . minus the body armor and sandbags, that is. :)

2 comments:

K.C. said...

You are both AMAZING!

Jessica said...

Chris never ceases to amaze me. I'm literally just on awe of what he is able to endure and accomplish. Way to go Chris!!