Wednesday, March 9, 2011
Time Marches On . . .
So it's March, and I think we're finally pretty much "settled in" to Florida. We've gotten into a routine: Monday - laundry and cleaning, Tuesday - grocery shopping, Wednesday - fun playgroups at the pool, Thursday - library story time and visiting the girls at school for Mile Club, Friday - DAD COMES HOME! It works out pretty well. I've been trying to meet new people and there's a ton of fun people in my ward . . . unfortunately about half of them are moving this summer. Oh well, new faces will appear and I'll get to have the chance to welcome them! As for some of the specifics of what's going on, see below.
So Chris was super nice and let me go to our Stake Women's conference while he watched the girls (I took Kylie with me). It was so nice to get a little break from the kiddos and socialize with other women - thanks, hunny bunch! While I was gone Chris and Aly made this AWESOME bike rack for the family bikes, with a bin on the end for roller blades. Bike clutter is my biggest pet peeve in the garage. I LOVE this thing! Chris also hung some hooks on the wall for the scooters. The garage looks awesome!
After the work, it was time to play! That week was bowling - Lise had my favorite bowling release stance. Everyone gets a little credit for Kate's score, as she didn't want to bowl until we were leaving. We obviously need a little practice, as per the scores below. And these scores were even with the bumpers up for the kids! I'm sure we'll go again soon. :)
This past week we took the girls for a movie and ice cream. Lots of fun . . . even running back to the car in the rain!
Monday the girls had no school for a teacher work day and so we decided to go to the park. Doesn't Kylie look like a character on Mario Cart?
The park we were going to go to was closed, so, thanks to Gary, my GPS guy, we ended up finding this awesome park (see the beach/water in the background?) There were some bench swings that I could sit at and look out over the water while watching the kids play. It was super awesome! Plus, Kylie got her first ride down the slide. Whee!

The creative juices are still flowing over here and I love how the girls always want to turn garbage into art . . . like how Aly turned an egg carton into her laptop. On another note - Man! - that girl is growing like a weed - she is eating a ton (3 grill cheese sandwiches for lunch, a hamburger and a hot dog for dinner, etc.). We had to go out to buy her the next size up in dresses and it was a reality check for me. First of all, clothes her size are getting a little more pricey. Secondly, even though she's only in 3rd grade she's wearing the 10/12 size on some things and it became very evident that from here on out it is going to be a treasure hunt with a lot of undershirts and layering to keep things modest. Lucky for me Aly is totally on board with the modest thing, so it's her and I against the fashion industry, instead of her against me. And that's how I'd prefer it. I'm just going to have to gear up for clothes shopping with Aly.
Analise was totally into Dr. Seuss's birthday this year - she had this outfit planned for weeks! She has really taken off with reading and is constantly trying to coax Kate into playing school. (Kate usually turns this into a negotiation where she'll play school if Lise will play dress-ups or hide and seek with her.) Analise has also been into the arts and crafts and the family frequently finds gifts that she has made for us on our bedside tables. Also, do you see that front tooth missing?
Kate wanted me to take this picture of her and the mannequin when we were out shopping. She ended up pulling the arm off, but luckily it was stuck on magnetically so it was an easy fix . . . She and I have been butting heads lately on her ultra independedness and selective hearing, but I do have to say that she is usually pretty good when we're out running errands. Maybe that's why we run so many of them!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Stace- is Aly taller than you yet? Cause that will be an interesting day when that finally happens! Kylie looks ADORABLE in that last picture! Glad she's finally smiling for the camera!! Love and miss you guys like crazy!!!
Oh how I wish I could've been there to see the arm fall off of the manaquine. The picture is awesome. She is a little comedian. And that rack that Chris made for the garage rocks! I want Mike to make us one. Oh & both pix of Kylie are adorable!
P to the S, Thanx so much for all of the baby clothes that you are lending us for Makai, they have turned out to be real life savers! They are the only clothes we have that fit her right now. Love ya!
Love love love that bike rack idea! I am sure Dave will be taking measurements when we visit. We both hate the metal one we bought as bikes are always falling on each other.
Good talking with you yesterday, sorry I had to go. I had burned some plastic onto our glass stove top and had to explain myself to the maintanance guy...fun fun..$150down the drain!
What a cute family. Stacy, I love to read your blog. It is good to know I will eventually settle in in a new place. Hope we can keep in touch and "chat" sometime. Hey, I'm 2 days closer to FL ;) now. You girls & your guy staying put for a while?
Becky
Post a Comment