. . . Like a rama lama lama, ka dinga da dinga dong
Together Forever as shoobop shawadda wadda yippity boom deboom
Chang chang changitty chang shoobop
That's the way it should be, wha oooh, yeah!
About the song . . . Aly is trying out for this year's talent show with the kids on our street singing and beboppin' to this particular song from the Grease soundtrack. I've watched them practice and they are really good! Aly's been trying to memorize the words and singing this song nonstop - we even got "shushed" by the receptionist in the dentist office when I was singing along with her in the Lobby. Hee, hee.
+021.JPG)
Here is a picture of last week's family home evening. Aly wanted to do the lesson from an object lesson that was done in her primary class about David, how when he was doing what the Lord wanted him to do he was able to slay Goliath and eventually become king, but then when he gave into temptation, he slowly got wrapped up so tight that he couldn't break free. (The saran wrap is the temptation - obviously.) She did a fantastic job and, as you can tell, her sisters loved it as well.
+008.JPG)
Well, Grandma left on Tuesday and we already miss her. Of course reality hit the moment she left. I dropped her off at the airport and headed to Target to get a few things - my first excursion with Kate and Kylie on my own. All was well until we got to the checkout counter and Kate decided to wander off in search of a polly pocket while I was paying. Luckily we found her a couple of minutes later - Kate is no longer allowed to walk with the cart and I'm going to plan my shopping around when she's in preschool. Also, the day after Grandma left Kylie decided to have her first major diaper blowout all the way up her back just as I was ready to head out to the grocery store. Welcome back to Mommyland!
+018.JPG)
Before Grandma left we were able to take a trip to point lobos. It was nice to get out of the house and I felt pretty good that I could hike around a couple of miles three weeks after having a baby. Chris took the girls exploring and this time they found a huge starfish. Pretty cool!
+019.JPG)
The househunting is going well - I think we'll put in an offer on a house in the next couple of days. Chris had this to say about buying a house online, "I feel like I'm getting a mail order bride that I have to marry the first day I meet her." I just told him not to worry because "you only have to be married to her for 3-5 years and then you can get a divorce when we get stationed somewhere else. This isn't an eternal marriage." Now all we need is a prenuptual agreement. :)
+009.JPG)
Here's some pictures of Lise and Kate when the girls were doing each other's hair. Lise has been missing Kindergarten a little bit and doesn't like all the "hard work" she has to do in 1st grade. She was talking to me about it in the kitchen when Aly said, "Tell me about it. I've been doing it for 3 years!" to which Lise replied, "You were in 1st grade for
3 years?!?" I Love it.
+012.JPG)
And Kate, Kate, Kate. She has been on this "cutting the tags off all her stuffed animals" kick, and this morning she wanted me to cut the tag off of her shirt. So I'm thinking, "no way!" because the minute I cut off this tag I'll be cutting a tag off every single day. So I tell Kate no and then she immediately starts looking for Chris. I tell her that if she asks her Dad to cut off the tag in her shirt then I'm going to give her a spanking because I already told her no. A few minutes later Chris comes upstairs and this is what Kate says:
"Dad, I want you to bite the tag off my shirt."
Okay, so technically she didn't ask him to cut it off, so I can't give her a spanking, right? Her logic is impeccable.
So then she proceeds downstairs to have breakfast and Chris pours her a bowl of fruit loops. She starts pulling all the yellow Fruit Loops out to feed to her stuffed puppy, Butter, because "Butter is yellow and so he needs to eat the yellow Fruit Loops."
Now let's skip to lunch. Kate asked for a peanut butter and jam sandwich with turkey on the side. She ended up putting the turkey on top and eating it all together. At least it was a nutritious meal. . . and on and on the day goes.
+005.JPG)
This is a picture that was taken when I was actually trying to take a picture of Kylie and Kate couldn't stand not being the center of attention. 'nough said.
+001.JPG)
And Kylie is already on a schedule - the schedule of "I'll sleep whenever you want me to as long as I'm attached to my mom in some way." So the Baby Bjorne is coming in handy, and it's always a successful meal when I can finish eating without spilling anything down her neck!
+015.JPG)
And that's my crew!
"Chang chang, changitty chang shoobop
We'll always be together, wha oooh, yeah!"
(And yes, I do hope you have this song in your head for the rest of the day! ;)>)
6 comments:
I LOVE the pictures in this post! So cute all of them! Love Kylie's scrunched forehead with Mom, love Kate's pose and smile in the one where she wanted to be center of attention, love that Kylie is looking right at Lise when Lise is holding her, and I love the picture of Aly, Lise, and Kate together. You have beautiful girls what can I say? I miss them all so much!! Tell the girls hi, and give Kylie a kiss for me!!
Oh- and Kate's logic... awesome. Wonder where she gets it from? Hmm...
Sounds like the whole family is doing great!! House hunting on the internet... you are BRAVE!! I love love the tag story, that is something that my Kennedy would do.
And YES... I have that song in my head and I am sure I will singing it all day... thanks!!!
sO, I started to actually do 'the dance' that goes along with this song as I read it, thumb pointing and all! Aly will have to sing it for mua at Christmas time. I thought that it was sooo funny that Kate asked Chris to BITE off her tag...awesome. At least she's just asking to cut off the tag, Camren has asked me (every time I go to have him wear one of his "school shirts" he says "Mom, can we pleeeeaaase cut off the sleeves?", "No Camren, we are NOT cutting off the sleeves of your shirt, WHY do you want them off?", "Because I want to be Muscle Boy, Ahem"- & yes, he actually says 'Ahem' at the end of a lot of his sentences to try to make some sort of point...).
That pic of Lise holding Kylie is the cutest thing ever, the way Kylie is looking up, so sweet.
Love ALL of you!
Always busy. I love the pic of Lise & Kylie. And Aly's hair is so dang long!
Kate is one smart little cookie...your stories of her make me smile. I wish I could hear Aly's performance, and sheesh -- what's with the grumpy receptionist? Good luck with the shopping and new house and all!
Yes the song is stuck in my head. I saw that movie about 12 times back in the day. Cute post I must say! Kylie is growing too fast. I hope things are going well in primary.
Post a Comment