Meanwhile, I was able to work on scrapbooking for the first time in over 3 years. (see pictures below). I've decided to only scrapbook our family Christmas letters along with the professional pictures we take every year. I'm hoping that I can at least do that much!
I must mention, however, that Chris has had something else demanding his attention for the past couple of weeks besides me . . . a gopher has made it into our garden. Chris is at war with this thing and it is hilarious to watch him go out and use various methods to try and get rid of the thing. I told him he reminded me of Elmer Fudd, and do you know what he said? "Be vewy, vewy, quiet. I'm hunting a gopher." Gotta love it.
And finally, I have spent this past week stocking up on groceries and what-not in preparation for my kiddos and my parents to come back into town tomorrow - I am so excited to see them! And speaking of food, it was so funny when we'd talk to them on the phone that food was one of the major conversation pieces. Aly let us know that they got ice cream every night before dinner while they were camping, Lise told us they had pizza three nights in a row, and Kate would always let me know what kind of cereal everyone had for breakfast (that is, when Kate was actually willing to talk to us. Most of the time she utterly refused. We think she is punishing us for leaving her.) I think it is so funny that of all the things going on in their day, food is the thing they choose to talk about. Kids are great - I can't wait to get mine back tomorrow (along with a fourth on Wednesday - I'm excited to meet her too! I'll try to post pics as soon as is feasible.)
4 comments:
Good luck! It was so good to talk to you on your birthday, I'm glad you guys have had such a great break and I'm sure it will be awesome to see your girls.
OH, so excited for you, Stacy! I'm sure the girls will be thrilled, too, to be home and with you and Chris. New baby in 2 days...can't wait to see pics of her and I'll be thinking of you!
Oh, I am sooooo excited for your new lil one to arrive! And I love the scrapbook, what a good idea to do the Christmas letters & prof pix. Oh & that cracked me up about Chris, loved. Love You!
hurray for almost being done! i am so excited for you and can't wait to hear about your happy and safe delivery!
Post a Comment