Okay, so this maybe the last time I post from Louisiana because the packers maybe showing up this Thursday and maybe we'll get out of here on schedule. (The title of this blog is a quote from the movie "The Last Unicorn", a childhood favorite . . . and okay, I'll confess, I still like the movie now and even Chris likes the songs from the soundtrack.) I don't know, Chris and I keep swinging up and down between total nonchalantness and super anxiety over this move. Why? Well for one thing, this move seems so much easier than the last one because 1) it's not over Christmas, 2) I don't have a six month old, 3) we aren't selling a house 4) my kids aren't changing schools mid-year. So yeah, this move is a cake walk compared to the last one. But then I start freaking out that it's too easy and I must be forgetting something that I should be doing and so I start doing a bunch of crazy stuff like making a bunch of freezer meals for us to eat our last week here and going out to buy a gazillion ziplock baggies to "prepack" everything for the packers. But now here we are down to crunch time and we haven't even heard from the moving company yet to know when they are going to show up. Hopefully everything works out. I'm sure it will - it always does - I just hope that my sanity doesn't get lost in the move. :)
This week was a bunch of normal craziness. I finally found Kate's sandals at the bottom of the girls' laundry basket that had been missing for a week. Chris and I started working out our abs together and I was so proud that his abs were sore the next day and mine weren't - until day two when my abs were way sore. A lot more moving prep stuff - pre-inspection, more California housing research, etc.
Luckily, Chris and I were able to escape the craziness we call life for a weekend trip down to Baton Rouge thanks to Natalie who watched our kids for us. We went to dinner and a movie and then to the temple on Saturday morning and I got some new shoes as well. It was awesome! It's like I was saying to Chris, "It's so much easier to prepare to go to the temple when I didn't just finish watching two episodes of Sponge Bob while getting everyone ready." The only mishap was that Chris' truck was broken into while we were staying at the hotel. Luckily nothing was taken (the security officer caught the guy), but now the rear passenger window is smashed and needs to be replaced before we move. Another reason to feel calm, because we know it will all work out, while stressing at the same time because it's one more thing we need to take care of in the next two weeks. Ya gotta love moving! :)
Oh, and one more thing: Mother's Day. I hope all y'all had a great one out there. The Elder's Quorum in our ward provided a spaghetti dinner after church for the entire ward and served all the moms. It was surprisingly well put together. So Chris and the girls are going to cook for me tomorrow. Hooray, two days of no cooking! As we were at the spaghetti dinner Aly said, "so if the dads cooked the dinner for Mother's Day, then that means the mom's need to cook the dinner for Father's Day." (Um, yeah, Aly, and every other day.)
5 comments:
I'd wondered where you'd found her sandals...maybe Spencers shoes will show up one of these days just like that=)
Stace- that's hilarious about Aly's comment on making dinner for the dad's on Father's Day. Typical Aly. And I especially enjoyed your commentary on it. I can just picture you saying that to her! I hope you had a fantastic Mother's Day!! I love ya!!
Oh I totally had that Last Unicorn quote from the beginning! I LOVE that movie. Love it. I'm glad you got to go to Baton Rouge for a date with your hubby. Oh Aly. How she will learn about the cooking. :)
I hope the movers showed up. I've been meaning to call you forever, now I feel like I lost my chance for a while. Good luck! I still need to tell you the closure story.
Stacy just have to say a moving company is the only way to go when you move a lot. You have my empathy. Hope all goes well!
Post a Comment